Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Victoria licence to Queensland !

Victoria licence to Queensland !

Old Nov 4th 2007, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future
Default Victoria licence to Queensland !

Hi everyone, im moving to Queensland next year and have my TRA but i have the opportunity to stay in Melbourne. Does anyone know if the ARTC can be sent to Victoria or does it have to be Queensland and if i do my licence in Victoria can i then move to Queensland with it or would i have to do another one in Queensland.
Also is the licence harder in different states ?

Many thanks,
Chris.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 2:39 am
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Victoria licence to Queensland !

Originally Posted by Chris Ball View Post
Hi everyone, im moving to Queensland next year and have my TRA but i have the opportunity to stay in Melbourne. Does anyone know if the ARTC can be sent to Victoria or does it have to be Queensland and if i do my licence in Victoria can i then move to Queensland with it or would i have to do another one in Queensland.
Also is the licence harder in different states ?

Many thanks,
Chris.

Hi Chris,

You send your ARTC application to the TRA, it doesn't matter where you use it to apply for a licence as it's recognised state wide. So you can have your results sent to QLD and apply for a licence in WA if you like, doesn't matter at all.

You can get your licence in any state and get any other states licence with it. Just ask for the mutual recognition form in the state you move to and pay the fee and they'll give you the equivalent licence for their state.

All states differ in how easy or hard it is to get a licence. South Australia is the easiest and takes about 3 months to get a full unrestricted licence if you are organised.

I believe Victoria is the hardest, mainly because of the tutors All the others take about the same amount of time, and require something like 16 weeks at TAFE (approx).

Your best option would be to look at posts made in here for each state and decide from there. I can help with SA ones, Steve 'O can help with QLD and the_pom_from_oz can help with Vic ones.
Old Nov 4th 2007, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Chris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant futureChris Ball has a brilliant future
Default Re: Victoria licence to Queensland !

Thanks for the info Wendy, looks like i'le be heading for Vic then as its rent free for a few months then head up to Qld.