British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Vetassess Practical Info (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/vetassess-practical-info-518136/)

shar07 Feb 29th 2008 3:13 pm

Vetassess Practical Info

Hi just to let you know we received confirmation from Vetassess re practical in April. OH is booked for 8th April (1 day it appears) at 7.30 a.m. at North West College of London (wherever that is). Details of what to bring and what wil happen on the day will be forwarded March 2008. Anybody else received anything. May see some of you there.

melbert Feb 29th 2008 6:50 pm

Re: Vetassess Practical Info

Hi Shar,

Still nothing for us, they have definitely taken the money for this but haven't heard a sausage!! Considering they emailed us the result of the paper assessment pretty damn quick, I can't help wondering what the delay is on this?

Mel:(

shar07 Mar 1st 2008 5:06 pm

Hi Mel, I would have thought that if they have taken the money you would be on the April practical surely. I am sure you will hear soon, OH is going to London on the 7th and staying overnight to get to the college at 7.30 on the 8th. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Speak soon

melbert Mar 1st 2008 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by shar07 (Post 6003981)
Hi Mel, I would have thought that if they have taken the money you would be on the April practical surely. I am sure you will hear soon, OH is going to London on the 7th and staying overnight to get to the college at 7.30 on the 8th. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Speak soon

Thanks Shar,

We did have a problem with our email a few days ago where we lost a lot of mail but they seemed to be old ones, if nothing arrived by Weds, will probably email or ring them just to see if we've lost that email too!

I noticed that someone else got their date for the 11th, I suppose they've got loads to go through though, how long did it take to process your application for this part?

Mel - kinda still smiling!!

shar07 Mar 2nd 2008 1:29 pm

After the money was taken out it was probably about 1 week before we heard from our agent. If you have not got an agent try giving Vetassess a ring and ask if they have a date yet, because if they post the date out to you thats probably another week you will have to wait. Its the waiting thats the worst (thats because I have not got to do the test).

carl-ang Mar 6th 2008 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by melbert (Post 6004703)
Thanks Shar,

We did have a problem with our email a few days ago where we lost a lot of mail but they seemed to be old ones, if nothing arrived by Weds, will probably email or ring them just to see if we've lost that email too!

I noticed that someone else got their date for the 11th, I suppose they've got loads to go through though, how long did it take to process your application for this part?

Mel - kinda still smiling!!

Hi Mel,

Have you heard anything yet? We havent:(. Am going to phone tonight to try and find out what is happening! Will let you know what happens.

Ang

melbert Mar 6th 2008 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by carl-ang (Post 6026415)
Hi Mel,

Have you heard anything yet? We havent:(. Am going to phone tonight to try and find out what is happening! Will let you know what happens.

Ang

Hi Ang,

No, still nothing, we emailed them Tuesday night and have had no reply, we've had a receipt for the money though!!!

Mel :)

carl-ang Mar 6th 2008 9:49 pm

Hi Mel

Just to let you know, we just phoned Vetassess and they can confirm they have received our forms! :thumbsup: Carl spoke to the finance dept. and they are now processing our paperwork for the April assessment. The receptionist said that the office is really busy at the minute which is why we were put through directly to finance. They told us not to panic and details were to follow (thats easy for them to say!):eek:

Hope we both get dates soon.

Take care
Ang

shar07 Mar 7th 2008 3:42 pm

I am sure you will, Im sure they would have told you if you were not going to be doing the april one. Good luck let us know how you get on and what date you get. :thumbsup:

melbert Mar 7th 2008 5:30 pm

Cheers both, guess we'll just have to wait and try to be patient!!

Mel:)

carl-ang Mar 10th 2008 7:40 am

:thumbsup: Well thats the money taken from our account!!! What a relief that is (and what a time its taken) - now just to get the date!

Ang

melbert Mar 10th 2008 8:49 am

That's great news - not for your bank account though!!!!:rofl: Let's hope it doesn't take too long for you to get a date, we're still waiting two weeks after they took the money, and we've emailed them to ask if they can give us a date so we can make arrangements!!

Hope the wait will be over soon!!!

Mel:)

shar07 Mar 10th 2008 9:03 am

Hi just to let u both know I spoke to someone who did the Dec practical and they did not get their date until 10 days before their practical, so dont worry too much (easy to say). I am sure you will definately hear soon. :thumbsup:

melbert Mar 10th 2008 11:24 am

Thanks Shar, I'm sure we'll get it, we just need to sort out accommodation and time off work, it's not easy for my OH to get time off work, he has to arrange his own cover and being school holidays is not a great time to get people to do overtime, that's the main part of our problem if we have to wait much longer!!

Mel - still smiling!!:)