Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

Old Jan 19th 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

sparkyjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

no i am not looking to copy work i just don't understand the stuff and i was just looking to maybe read some one elses to give me a better idea as to how to write it

sorry for that
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

neilloc is an unknown quantity at this point

i have no problem helping somebody out, i am not suggesting anybody copy work, i am simply offering reference material. when i was doing my assessment i couldn't get any help. when i was researching the work people had done previously they made it sound so tough i wrote and rewrote my electives thinking i hadn't put enough information, or didn't explain correctly what i was trying so say. It was a nightmare if i and have had something to reference off i could have had an idea where is stood, and focused more on studying for the written exam.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 12:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilloc
i have no problem helping somebody out, i am not suggesting anybody copy work, i am simply offering reference material. when i was doing my assessment i couldn't get any help. when i was researching the work people had done previously they made it sound so tough i wrote and rewrote my electives thinking i hadn't put enough information, or didn't explain correctly what i was trying so say. It was a nightmare if i and have had something to reference off i could have had an idea where is stood, and focused more on studying for the written exam.
I get that, we all have no problem helping people out - but if it's just links to reference stuff then why not post on open forum. Suggesting that someone emails you hints at something underhand, and if any Vetassess assessors (or TRA, Vic Uni, etc) are reading this then they are going to be overscrutinising things.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

thanks neill

i wrote my electives last night its very similar but just for different things but i think i may a written to much.

but it was good to see what was actually expected.

they are a little unclear and leave it open to enterpretation

regards jo
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:11 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkyjo
thanks neill

i wrote my electives last night its very similar but just for different things but i think i may a written to much.

but it was good to see what was actually expected.

they are a little unclear and leave it open to enterpretation

regards jo
Good job you were a fire alarm installer too
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

actually i wrote it before i saw neills one and they are on different topics as we obviously are different types of electricians it was only the format i wasn't sure of.
Old Jan 21st 2014, 4:22 pm

actually i wrote it before i saw neills one and they are on different topics as we obviously are different types of electricians it was only the format i wasn't sure of.
I must admit, they didn't ask for electives when I did my assessment. Vetassess do seem to have updated their site though to give this guidance - http://www.vetassess.com.au/download...220120140419AM
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

thats not guidance that actually the form you fill out and even though i knew what i wanted to say i was just found it hard to put it in the right way

it has been 11 years since i left college and i haven't done anything like this since i was there and even then the elective stuff would have been new to me
Old Jan 21st 2014, 5:14 pm

thats not guidance that actually the form you fill out and even though i knew what i wanted to say i was just found it hard to put it in the right way

it has been 11 years since i left college and i haven't done anything like this since i was there and even then the elective stuff would have been new to me
All it's asking for is for you to write about one part of the job that you do - they are not trick questions. All they want to know is what your foundations are, and where your strengths lie.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Michaelhume1979 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same position as both neilloc and sparkyjo , I've got all the experience just have not got a clue how to word the paperwork I've looked all over google and could do with some help, I've got my Vetassess assessment on the 22nd March 2014, Any information would be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Ok I just got my results from the assessment and everythings good so as far as the electives part just pick one elective out of the four the pieces at the side are just guidlines so dont answer them like questions. I think alot of people do these on fire alarms and stuff but I did mine on plc's.

Make sure to have this filled out and with you some instructor's they make you rewrite it and some just tell you when they need it by.

This is not assessed on the day.

And if you dont bring it you can send it afterwards but it slow your results down by weeks.

The assessment is pretty handy just make sure you stick to measurements in the domestic stuff.

In the motor stuff make sure you can draw star and delta.
And the you can draw a DOL start stop circuit ans make to put the numbers in as this is what you have to follow and it easier with the number ie a1&a2 coil and stuff.

And the safe disconnect and reconnect just learn this off it is a slow process and make sure you say everythjng you are doing from start to finish it easier that way.

I hope this helps if you need any other info let me know
Old Mar 8th 2014, 5:43 am
Just Joined

henno903 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
iv got my test on the 18th of March
must of been a cancelation cause I only found out last week.
Im having trouble with the elective part
does anyone have any help with this not looking to copy but just an idea what to write down
thanks
Old May 4th 2014, 12:50 pm
Just Joined

dlewis120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice? I'm doing my vetassess practical skills assessment at the end of the month and I am just looking through the candidate guide now. In their disconnection procedure they seem to test for live, then isolate and lock off and that's it, where as I was always taught to test again after isolating in order to make sure you have isolated the correct circuit. Has this occurred to anyone else? And if I do test again after I have isolated will I be penalised? It just seems to have a key step missing. Any Ideas?
Old May 4th 2014, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

You can test after if you like it doesnt matter if you ad in your own bits in as long as you dont do anything dangerous just learn the steps and say them to yourself and the instructor so that he knows what your doing and it help to keep track
Old May 4th 2014, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

dlewis120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely, cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.