Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

Old May 27th 2013, 8:04 am
Just Joined

lukeparker06 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

Hi I am going to Melbourne at the end of the week and I'm having trouble with the Elective part i need to fill out. I can't seem to word it properly. I have chosen to do the Electrical Installation part but its asking about emergency systems.

If anyone can help that would be great. If anyone has does the same thing and has a sample i could look at.

Thanks
Old May 29th 2013, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice
Default Re: Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

You don't provide much info mate, what exactly are they asking for?

Emergency systems - You mean emergency lights, emergency exit lights? If it is, just write about emergency lights having a battery back up and permanent live, non maintained/maintained emergency lights, key switches, that sort of thing.
Old May 29th 2013, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lou_Diamond_Phillips
You don't provide much info mate, what exactly are they asking for?

Emergency systems - You mean emergency lights, emergency exit lights? If it is, just write about emergency lights having a battery back up and permanent live, non maintained/maintained emergency lights, key switches, that sort of thing.

Hi sorry about that. Yes it says that and also fire/smoke alarms. I can write about that easier enough but it also asks about different fault finding techniques on DC systems?!
Old Nov 18th 2013, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

6271jamesm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi lukeparker,
I'm new to the site, just wandered how you got on with the elective sections on the vetassess paperwork! How detailed does it need to be and what evidence did you provide. I thought I had sorted all the evidence when they gave me a date for the practical exam??
Any advice would be great!
Old Nov 19th 2013, 5:06 am
Just Joined

Hi, mine was quite detailed but other people in my class only had a few paragraphs written up. I still have it if you want me to send it onto you. let me know.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

resin123 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

im struggling with the diagnosing and rectifiying faults on dc u any hints or ideas i can use thanks
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:41 am
Just Joined

neilloc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by resin123
hi,

im struggling with the diagnosing and rectifiying faults on dc u any hints or ideas i can use thanks
im struggling with the same thing I've just started it today I've never really done much work in this sector i wonder if anybody could send me some information or what the sent to vetasess as reference material
Old Nov 24th 2013, 11:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by resin123
hi,

Originally Posted by neilloc
im struggling with the same thing I've just started it today I've never really done much work in this sector i wonder if anybody could send me some information or what the sent to vetasess as reference material
If you are unsure of this area, why have you picked it as your elective?
Old Nov 24th 2013, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Gcowl23 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also struggling with this section and I have picked this elective as I am confident about the first part but not the dc side how in-depth do you have to write.
Again any help would be great full guys
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:11 am
Just Joined

i am the same i have heaps of experience in installing fire alarms and emergency lighting but not a lot of faultfinding experience on dc systems
Old Nov 25th 2013, 9:45 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

i am the same i have heaps of experience in installing fire alarms and emergency lighting but not a lot of faultfinding experience on dc systems
Don't emergency lights have dc battery back up - how do you fault find on them? Think about fault finding in general then - where would you start?
Old Jan 19th 2014, 11:10 am
Just Joined

sparkyjo is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there i am struggling with my practical experience and elective summary and i was just wondering would any one be able to help me out i am doing the practical in London next week and i am just not sure what to put down

any help would be greatly appreciated
joe
Old Jan 19th 2014, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sparkyjo
hey there i am struggling with my practical experience and elective summary and i was just wondering would any one be able to help me out i am doing the practical in London next week and i am just not sure what to put down

any help would be greatly appreciated
joe
Send me your email, and what you need I will forward on what I have and what I handed in. I was in the same boat as you mate and couldn't get help off anybody
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

sparkyjo is an unknown quantity at this point

great pm on the way
Old Jan 19th 2014, 12:38 pm

Send me your email, and what you need I will forward on what I have and what I handed in. I was in the same boat as you mate and couldn't get help off anybody
If you have general advice that could be used by everyone needing to do electives, it is best posted in open forum. If you are suggesting someone copies your work as their own for a skills assessment then this is frowned upon - outside agencies such as DIBP read this forum and the last thing we need is the process to full license getting any harder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.