British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/vetassess-electrician-elective-help-798207/)

lukeparker06 May 27th 2013 8:04 am

Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

Hi I am going to Melbourne at the end of the week and I'm having trouble with the Elective part i need to fill out. I can't seem to word it properly. I have chosen to do the Electrical Installation part but its asking about emergency systems.

If anyone can help that would be great. If anyone has does the same thing and has a sample i could look at.

Thanks

Lou_Diamond_Phillips May 29th 2013 8:17 am

Re: Vetassess Electrician Elective HELP

You don't provide much info mate, what exactly are they asking for?

Emergency systems - You mean emergency lights, emergency exit lights? If it is, just write about emergency lights having a battery back up and permanent live, non maintained/maintained emergency lights, key switches, that sort of thing.

lukeparker06 May 29th 2013 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Lou_Diamond_Phillips (Post 10730005)
You don't provide much info mate, what exactly are they asking for?

Emergency systems - You mean emergency lights, emergency exit lights? If it is, just write about emergency lights having a battery back up and permanent live, non maintained/maintained emergency lights, key switches, that sort of thing.

Hi sorry about that. Yes it says that and also fire/smoke alarms. I can write about that easier enough but it also asks about different fault finding techniques on DC systems?!

6271jamesm Nov 18th 2013 5:05 pm

Hi lukeparker,
I'm new to the site, just wandered how you got on with the elective sections on the vetassess paperwork! How detailed does it need to be and what evidence did you provide. I thought I had sorted all the evidence when they gave me a date for the practical exam??
Any advice would be great!

lukeparker06 Nov 19th 2013 5:06 am

Hi, mine was quite detailed but other people in my class only had a few paragraphs written up. I still have it if you want me to send it onto you. let me know.

resin123 Nov 20th 2013 8:48 pm

hi,

im struggling with the diagnosing and rectifiying faults on dc u any hints or ideas i can use thanks

neilloc Nov 24th 2013 10:41 am

Originally Posted by resin123 (Post 11000484)
hi,

im struggling with the diagnosing and rectifiying faults on dc u any hints or ideas i can use thanks

im struggling with the same thing I've just started it today I've never really done much work in this sector i wonder if anybody could send me some information or what the sent to vetasess as reference material

old.sparkles Nov 24th 2013 11:35 am

Originally Posted by resin123 (Post 11000484)
hi,

Originally Posted by neilloc (Post 11005106)
im struggling with the same thing I've just started it today I've never really done much work in this sector i wonder if anybody could send me some information or what the sent to vetasess as reference material

If you are unsure of this area, why have you picked it as your elective?

Gcowl23 Nov 24th 2013 8:16 pm

I am also struggling with this section and I have picked this elective as I am confident about the first part but not the dc side how in-depth do you have to write.
Again any help would be great full guys

neilloc Nov 25th 2013 9:11 am

i am the same i have heaps of experience in installing fire alarms and emergency lighting but not a lot of faultfinding experience on dc systems

old.sparkles Nov 25th 2013 9:45 am

Originally Posted by neilloc (Post 11006333)
i am the same i have heaps of experience in installing fire alarms and emergency lighting but not a lot of faultfinding experience on dc systems

Don't emergency lights have dc battery back up - how do you fault find on them? Think about fault finding in general then - where would you start?

sparkyjo Jan 19th 2014 11:10 am

hey there i am struggling with my practical experience and elective summary and i was just wondering would any one be able to help me out i am doing the practical in London next week and i am just not sure what to put down

any help would be greatly appreciated
joe

neilloc Jan 19th 2014 11:34 am

Originally Posted by sparkyjo (Post 11085633)
hey there i am struggling with my practical experience and elective summary and i was just wondering would any one be able to help me out i am doing the practical in London next week and i am just not sure what to put down

any help would be greatly appreciated
joe

Send me your email, and what you need I will forward on what I have and what I handed in. I was in the same boat as you mate and couldn't get help off anybody

sparkyjo Jan 19th 2014 12:29 pm

great pm on the way

old.sparkles Jan 19th 2014 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by neilloc (Post 11085667)
Send me your email, and what you need I will forward on what I have and what I handed in. I was in the same boat as you mate and couldn't get help off anybody

If you have general advice that could be used by everyone needing to do electives, it is best posted in open forum. If you are suggesting someone copies your work as their own for a skills assessment then this is frowned upon - outside agencies such as DIBP read this forum and the last thing we need is the process to full license getting any harder