Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

vetassess/artc paper work ...!

vetassess/artc paper work ...!

Old May 11th 2009, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

paul1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default vetassess/artc paper work ...!

Dear all, after sitting my vetasesss paper and pratical exams in july 2008 i now know their not worth having apart from migration purposes and after reading all of the great information on here i have decided to go down the peer route and get my licence via distance learning.My ss176 visa should be here in the next couple of months so i can then apply for my artc,my question is if i copy all my paperwork from my vetassess application will this satisfy the people at the tra...? im thinking that the vetasess had to be very detailed so it would do for the artc....any thoughts...?

paul
Old May 11th 2009, 7:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vetassess/artc paper work ...!

Originally Posted by paul1977
Dear all, after sitting my vetasesss paper and pratical exams in july 2008 i now know their not worth having apart from migration purposes and after reading all of the great information on here i have decided to go down the peer route and get my licence via distance learning.My ss176 visa should be here in the next couple of months so i can then apply for my artc,my question is if i copy all my paperwork from my vetassess application will this satisfy the people at the tra...? im thinking that the vetasess had to be very detailed so it would do for the artc....any thoughts...?

paul
the information required is the same paul so yes if youve don eyour vetts application your artc should be a breeze
just remeber the golden rule is to write references and work expaeriances based on

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the broad range of work normally done by, and to the same level of skill as, a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and /or testing work against established standards.
You must also demonstrate that you have adequate background/theoretical knowledge.
Old May 11th 2009, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Steve
Old May 13th 2009, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

ganzo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I did my Vetassess exams last Oct and was issued with an OTSR. I was planning to apply for an ARTC using a relatives address once i recieved my visa. Next was going to do the workbook for the wiring regs here, then go over to Adelaide and sit the exam. Once in Adelaide with ARTC and Wiring Regs certificate in hand i was going to apply for my electrical mechanics license, then have it transfered to WA.

Question 1. Is this process in the correct order?

2. I believe that if i have did the vetassess route they wont issue me with an ARTC until i have done some gap training.

3. Do i have to tell the people who give out the ARTC that i have did the vetassess.

4. Do i have to tell the people at PEER (wiring regs) that i have did the vetassess.

This gap training nonsense is a nightmare as i really want to hit the ground running when i get to Oz.

Any advice would be welcome

Thanks

Andy
Old May 13th 2009, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

hi andy im not the real expert on your questions (wendy and steve are) but i will answer your questions for you ....please if im wrong feel free to correct me..

1.your process is correct but im sure you can do your peer work book before you have your artc in your hand.

2. thats not true..

3.no

4.no

paul.
Old May 13th 2009, 5:05 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul1977
hi andy im not the real expert on your questions (wendy and steve are) but i will answer your questions for you ....please if im wrong feel free to correct me..

1.your process is correct but im sure you can do your peer work book before you have your artc in your hand.

2. thats not true..

3.no

4.no

paul.
I was under the impression that they had closed the door on doing the peer route by way of the vetasses. Which is also a bloody expensive way to prove you are not a feckwit chancer of a spark.
So is it still possible to go this route (peer) as the guys who took our tests where adamant that this route to a full licence had been closed.
Passed the vetts thing in april, but am now sure it counts to bugger all, cant see any-one setting on a non licensed spark, also have heard from various source that the vetts type thing is going to be shelved????