Vetassess / ARTC

Old Jun 4th 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about
Default Vetassess / ARTC

Ello,

Does anyone know whether you can or cant apply for an ARTC, then do the wiring rules course, even though skills were assessed by Vetassess??? I know you need a PR visa to apply for ARTC ( thanks Shar07! )

I`d rather emigrate to Skegness than spend $2000 and 12 months as a trade assisstant in Oz
Old Jun 4th 2009, 10:12 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vetassess / ARTC

Sorry mate but my understanding is that if you were vetassess processed you need to go through the 4th year apprentice motions.

Those that are getting through PEER now seem to be the ones that went through the old TRA assessment. I am fortunate in that I qualify as a special class sparks due to my background and training and have had the positive from the tra for migration purposes. It seems I can apply for a ARTC and hopefully have it granted (though i may have to have a practical assessment or telephone interview), if granted it's PEER and the wiring rules course and a licence.

It's undoubtedly bollocks but those that have already had their practical skills assesed at substantial cost also have to effectively be 4th year apprentices for their 1st year in Oz.

It's a joke as far as I'm concerned but that's life
Old Jun 5th 2009, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

jonsparx;
If you get the ARTC or ART, or Vatessess you CAN then apply for the PEER wiring course no problems at all, however if you don't have the above then as another person has mentioned you must do 160 hours continual training on the job as a "Restricted" electrician the 160 hours amount to 12 months.

It shall be very difficult to get a company to take you with the Restricted License, seeming they shall have to check all your work for that 12 months & they are NOT allowed by law to leave you unsupervised at any time regardless of experience or qualifications from the UK.

As for migrating to Skegness.????? i think i would rather do the 12 months in Australia at least you shall get used to the different wiring regulations, also get used to the different ways of connecting switchboards (Consumer Units) over here. Then you can look at the fantastic standard of workmanship produced by the Aussie Electricians, who to my mind most shall never get past the 1st year standard apprentices in there entire life.

So with all that in mind when you get here it shall make things better for you, when you get the A class license
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

jonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura aboutjonsparx has a spectacular aura about

You can still do a correspondence course from PEER if you went through Vetassess but its totally different to the one done by the TRA guys, and its a tad over $AUD2000!!!

This is 150 hours worth of course work which has to be done in addition to the 12 month gap training / log book you do when you get out there.

The burning question is will TRA issue an ARTC for the Vetassess lads with a PR visa?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

you can still apply for artc even though you were assessed by vetassess. just download the form, fill it in with all supporting evidence and pay the fee ($300). i would wait for a positive outcome before enrolling at peer.

the OSTR you have from vetassess is supposed to be equivalent to an ARTC but it is just proving to be a pain. there is nothing stopping you getting both.

lee.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Just been smashed at cricket so thats the best news ive heard all day! Better get in there quick before they change their minds!!

Thanks for your replies lads

Originally Posted by leeob77
you can still apply for artc even though you were assessed by vetassess. just download the form, fill it in with all supporting evidence and pay the fee ($300). i would wait for a positive outcome before enrolling at peer.

the OSTR you have from vetassess is supposed to be equivalent to an ARTC but it is just proving to be a pain. there is nothing stopping you getting both.

lee.