Vetassess

Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Craigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vetassess

Thanks Cj probably worrying about nothing but that long since i done anything like this especially motors. Hopefully ill do enough to pass its expensive enough without adding in resit fees.

Craigo
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Hey mate DOL is easy I got real nervous doing mine last friday dont know why as I usaully am confident all my work, but when theres $1600 for too do it know one wants to fail, learn disconnect reconnect I think its just as important, but depends on assessor they will help and guide you.

Questions just learn basic as topics they show on the information pack.
I learnt too much into advanced and there wasnt one question advance, there was a few about 6 questions on general knowledge ie.
What is the opposition to the flow of current in a coil.
A few on powerfactor.
capacitance questions.

Then some math using formuleas

Two inductors are connected in series what is the total inductance. they give you something like 0.654 and 0.634.

Two resistors connected in series 6ohms and 16ohms what is total reistance.

Two 3.2kw heaters connected in parallel what is the total power that one got me I guessed lol and to be honest I still havin worked it out as I dont want to ever see that course again. lol

Here is a link for the DOL motor this cant get any simplier from this, I used it, right the numbers on the sheets and learn it.

http://electrolesk.com/Work/Wiring%2...Contactors.htm

On the day its a big white board with connections on it and you use banana leads plugs in and join. Write the numbers on it if needed to help you out.

Its a 3 phase dol motor with overload I just got one stop and one start, if you get an extra stop or start remember.

STOPS ARE ALWAYS IN SERIES.
STARTS ARE PARALELL.

Best of luck, I cant wait for this next week or so to be over to get my result!
Its my final hurdle.

Then lodge for visas!:fingerscros sed:
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

One thing learn what a overload symbol looks like and coil, stop, start etc its a wiring schematic with symbols.

Forget the part it says on front worksheet about a star connection, just follow wiring diagram and dont panic.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

Cheers mate thats really helpful, did you get any rms questions? dont understand this too well. Fingers crossed you will get your pass mate.

Craigo
Old Dec 8th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Got two rms questions one on finding peak peak value and one on finding rms value.

For sine waves
To calculate the RMS value of a sine wave, multiply the peak value by 0.707. The peak value is, of course, one half the peak-to-peak value. To go the other way, reverse the order of operations. That is, if you're starting with an RMS value, divide by 0.707 and then multiply by two to get the p-p value. Another way to convert from RMS to p-p is to multiply the RMS value by two square roots of two: RMS x 2 x SQR(2).

Or more simply, to convert from RMS to peak to peak voltage:

(RMS x 1.414) x 2=P-P

For example:

120vac x 1.414= 170vac
169.68vac x 2 = 339.36vac P-P

I hope so for a pass got very nervous throughout although I know I can do it all still nerves can get the better of us, especially when there is so much money involved!

Good luck and try to keep calm its the key, show confidences, they informally interview you which I only came awhere off after the talk throughout the disconnect reconnect procedure to find out a little about you.

But to be honest its hard to talk when ur nervous and trying to keep ur head about you in doing process correct.
Old Dec 8th 2010, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

Excellent mate, understand it now, thanks very much cant wait to get it over with now.

Cheers again

Craigo
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

YipEEEEEEEEE
Passed what a wait, special thanks to Mickhez, Deanc and Lou diamond philips, you reassured me off topics and help towards the exam!

Exams arent nice best of time but when it means so much that if we get them our lifes could be changed for the better for the rest of our lifes, it means alot!

Here I come OZ!!!!

Good luck to everyone that did it waiting for result!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 9:12 am
Just Joined

mickhez is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done. U passed too. But have since found out u can't choose queensland smp doesn't want any trades. So I have to choose another state. But at Least I can still get in. Waiting for Nsw smp this week before I make my visa application. Thanks everyone for your help. All the best and merry Xmas.
Old Dec 17th 2010, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Happy Christmas mate.

We have got confirmation about western Australia which we'll lodge for heading hopefully to perth, to enjoy more exams lol

Before becoming properly registered as Grade A electrician!

But itll be worth it!
Old Dec 17th 2010, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Congrats guys, and you're welcome elect42

Mick, if you've got your heart set on Queensland, have you looked into a 175 visa?
Old Dec 17th 2010, 4:23 pm
Just Joined

mickhez is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Yeah I have thought about it but its 4 year processing time and there is always the poss that I could lose out altogether so I can't risk it unfortunately. Bit 176 is around 12 months so at least I can get in and after 2 years move to Brisbane. If Nsw allows my skill in next weeks smp then I can just move to border area near gold coast close to my friends. A lot to think of over the holiday period but it will all work out hopefully. Thanks for the advise.
Old Dec 19th 2010, 12:05 am
Just Joined

Well done guys, onwards an upwards
Old Dec 27th 2010, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

Hmm, it's not 4 years processing time, Mick. I know previously 175 visas weren't getting looked at, but since they brought the new skills list/points system in, it should take around 18 months. That's what they told me at the skills expo in London, DIAC website says 18-24 months.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 5:43 am
Forum Regular

808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice808shaun808 is just really nice

Originally Posted by mcv
I took my test in London last year,I also got the DOL motor wrong the first time,I still passed...not a nice 10 days wait tho.
Youll be fine ..no worries
Hi were abouts in london did you take your test as I live I Essex and don't really want to drive to blackburn?
Old Jan 18th 2011, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

beckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nicebeckysteve is just really nice

Hello everyone.

I am due to do my vetassess on the 22nd February. I was initally bricking it but i've calmed down now as i've seen so much information that has been posted by very kind people that have been in my situation.

I am about to order some books to help with my revision. I've been advised to order Electrical Installation Calculations Vol 1 and Practical Guide to inspection, testing and certification of electrical installation.

Is this correct?

Are there any other books that you can recommend?

Cheers for your help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.