Default Re: Vetassess

really usefull thanks!
Old Jun 27th 2013, 7:15 am
Just Joined

cionnlocha is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NewDad
Hi I had the vetassess practical assessment yesterday at Perth Naval base

I was bricking it studying hard etc read through what everyone was saying on here etc.

The trainers were very nice, approachable and friendly as people have said before they're not here to fail you just to see if you're competent.

There is now 25 theory questions this is a new paper only 2 or 3rd time its been used. All the equations you need are on the back page so dont fret too much about remembering them just make sure you know how to use them.
make sure you READ THE QUESTIONS CAREFULLY! on one of the questions it related to resisters in series but the question had asked what was the total voltage running through just the voltage on the first resistor.

It is multiple choice 25 questions, the assessment is broken down into blocks of 5, and the assessor just has to tick a box saying did the candidate get at least 4 correct out of 5 in each block to get a pass.

there is resistors in series, and in parallel. a simple reactance calculation. power out put calculation of a 3 phase motor. simple power factor calculation basically just a percentage question and ohms law.

fill out a JSA on the practical you're about to do

in the practical have to mount a board, one dbl socket, a 2 way light switch and clip 1 length of cable and the rest in conduit. conduit work is 1 dog leg and 2 straights and 1 90° bend the end. hook up to a fake earth stake and water bond. in board you have main switch 2 rcds and 2 mcbs. of that you have to mark it up and test continuity and write down the results same with insulation resistance test.

disconnect and reconnect procedure read the sheet sent to you but basically warn you're on site and going to disconnect, fill out and afix tags test tester test frames not live test tester again.
make sure you test the tester on live source before and after use EACH time.
apparently this used to be videoed but not any more.

you have to draw a simple line diagram of a control circuit 230v start stop thermal overload NO contacts and coil

you then have to wire the circuit assessor checks it and makes sure it works

fault finding mine was on a control circuit, go through it logically test the devices and the cabling they give you the drawing for it so make sure it is wired correctly also they may change the fault on the board.

good luck to anyone about to take i get my results in 9 days, i believe i have passed but not going to count my chickens yet feed back was positive though
Hi new dad,
I am hoping to do the practical skills assessment here in Perth. Have you any tips and what I should look over for the assessment. I am worried big style about what comes up. I have a WA license I have to apply for this for my visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Old Jun 28th 2013, 12:43 am
Just Joined

el diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cionnlocha
Hi new dad,
I am hoping to do the practical skills assessment here in Perth. Have you any tips and what I should look over for the assessment. I am worried big style about what comes up. I have a WA license I have to apply for this for my visa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kind regards
Did you not read the message you quoted?
Old Jun 28th 2013, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by el diablo
Did you not read the message you quoted?
I did, I am just wondering what comes up in the theory side of things so I have an idea what to look over
Old Jun 28th 2013, 2:15 am
Just Joined

thommo237 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did, I am just wondering what comes up in the theory side of things so I have an idea what to look over
Look over everything in the pack provided. Everything that's on there is in the test. U also get all the equations at the back. But still study them and the sequence you use them. Everything on here is good to study as well. I passed it when I was living on a farm in a caravan doing my rural work. My iPhone has never been so handy!
Old Jun 28th 2013, 2:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by thommo237
Look over everything in the pack provided. Everything that's on there is in the test. U also get all the equations at the back. But still study them and the sequence you use them. Everything on here is good to study as well. I passed it when I was living on a farm in a caravan doing my rural work. My iPhone has never been so handy!
Cheers Thommo,

Rough living in a caravan, the info they give you on what comes did you just google the different topics as revision.

Kind regards
Old Jun 28th 2013, 6:34 am
Just Joined

thommo237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Thommo,

Rough living in a caravan, the info they give you on what comes did you just google the different topics as revision.

Kind regards
Pretty much mate aye. Basic stuff so pretty easy to find.

Good luck lad.
Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:02 am
Just Joined

Crg316 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone . I'm possibly doing my practical skills assesment at the end of October and have to do a technical interview. Was wondering if anyone has done it . How intense is it? Cheers
Old Oct 12th 2013, 12:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crg316
Hi everyone . I'm possibly doing my practical skills assesment at the end of October and have to do a technical interview. Was wondering if anyone has done it . How intense is it? Cheers
There's no technical interview for sparkies - the practical is part theory test as well as practical tests
Old Nov 30th 2013, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

Hi peeps, I am currently waiting for Vetassess to finish stage 1 before I can book my practical.
How long did you have to wait? as it has been a couple of weeks since they confirmed receipt of the required documents.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

nexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of lightnexsuperne is a glorious beacon of light

An update regarding Vetassess. They must have skimmed over the 40+ pages of information, certificates, etc that I sent them, as they sent me a 'standard letter' requesting certificates for before 2010. Just to let you know that the 2010 was my 2382-20 (17th edition update exam). In the same pack, I have my 16th edition 2380? from 2005, I also have put in all my NICEIC assessment reports from 2006 onwards, many invoices to customers from 2004 onwards, my accountants invoices for my trading accounts from 2004 onwards, my certificates for Electrical & Electronic engineering from 1997.....anything else?!

They have asked for customer references (as I was self-employed). How many should I send? I have at least a couple of thousand to choose from over that period.

Thanks,
Michael
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 10:48 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nexsuperne
An update regarding Vetassess. They must have skimmed over the 40+ pages of information, certificates, etc that I sent them, as they sent me a 'standard letter' requesting certificates for before 2010. Just to let you know that the 2010 was my 2382-20 (17th edition update exam). In the same pack, I have my 16th edition 2380? from 2005, I also have put in all my NICEIC assessment reports from 2006 onwards, many invoices to customers from 2004 onwards, my accountants invoices for my trading accounts from 2004 onwards, my certificates for Electrical & Electronic engineering from 1997.....anything else?!

They have asked for customer references (as I was self-employed). How many should I send? I have at least a couple of thousand to choose from over that period.

Thanks,
Michael
With regards qualifications, did you do an apprenticeship at all? What is the Elec and Electronic Eng qual - ONC / HNC?

You don't need to be an electrician to do wiring regs, and they may not regard ONC/HNC as suitable quals for electrician. You need to include enough detailed references to cover at least 7 years, but preferably the entire time that you have been working as an electrician - it probably needs to be from/to with details of the work undertaken.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

My apprenticeship was as an Electrical Engineer, at nvq 3, so what was the old ONC. I am getting some of my commercial and industrial customers to write references at the moment, detailing the type of work and when I carried out that work for them.
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by nexsuperne
My apprenticeship was as an Electrical Engineer, at nvq 3, so what was the old ONC. I am getting some of my commercial and industrial customers to write references at the moment, detailing the type of work and when I carried out that work for them.
nvq 3 doesn't strike me as Elec Eng qual - but I'm oldschool and believe Engineers have degrees. Do you have any papers related to your apprenticeship?
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

I'm going to the Ministry Of Defence tomorrow to see if they can supply the paperwork needed, as my apprenticeship was with them. Although it was completed in 1994....

Oh, and I do have a degree in Environmental Science, but that isn't relevant here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.