Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

UK Electrician Seeking US employment

UK Electrician Seeking US employment

Old May 12th 2008, 9:44 am
Just Joined

rgoodman82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Electrician Seeking US employment

Hi members,
As you can see from the title, I am due to be a fully qualified UK electrician (with bachelor's degree) but wish to pursue my career in the USA (particularly California).

Can anybody point me in the right direction on how to go about searching for a H1Visa sponsor as I understand this is the only route to gain temporary citizenship in the US.

Any responses would be much appreciated.

thanks.

Russ.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default Re: UK Electrician Seeking US employment

Did you ever get anywhere with the enquires mate? there isn't much help on this site!! I am married to a USC and also a sparky. It seems the USA is closed shop for uk people in our trade unless you are lucky enough to have married a USC as i have. Once you get into the country it takes abot two yrs to get a licence! Have you thought of Aus, it's much easier to get in there?

I would be grateful to share any info you have found out?

Colin
Old Sep 1st 2009, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

UKSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Electrician Seeking US employment

Hi everyone , I am and trainee electircian about to carry out my Level 2 over in the Uk. My partner lives in the USA and this time next year we are planning on moving to florida together which is were she will be living. I would really love to carry on with my trade and was wondering if anyone could offer me any information as to which steps to take and which will be the best way of doing this because i know very little about america and how everything is done out there and it is really quite dawnting on me Maybe someone could offer me a job who is in the trade out there who knows Thank You.

p.s. you can email me and [email protected] any information would be much appreciated.