Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

transferring SA license to WA - could be a problem.

transferring SA license to WA - could be a problem.

Old Sep 17th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all
Default Re: transferring SA license to WA - could be a problem.

Brilliant, cheers for the fast reply!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 7:42 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LisaIan
Mike,

Did you not have to get the SA licence transfered to QLD? If you did, what was the cost involved?

Cheers
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm

to change it cost 60 bucks, i`d do it as some employers wont take you on without a qld licence;

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/o...nce_form11.pdf

regards steve
Old Sep 21st 2009, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by steve`o
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm

to change it cost 60 bucks, i`d do it as some employers wont take you on without a qld licence;

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/o...nce_form11.pdf

regards steve
Cheers for the advice Steve!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 10:49 am
Just Joined

jan63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike Mitchell 1981

No you don't need to transfer it all Licences are now inter state and it states what the licence is equivalent to on the DEIR .GOV website. I already had work so I haven't bothered changing it but I know that most employers aren't aware of this ruling and they always ask for a queensland licence. I believe it's around $50 but I am not entirely sure.

Mike
I did the same course at Peer about 12 months ago, Dont forget to take your ARTC Cetificate to Adelaide with you as you will need it to get the SA Licence ($350) I then transfered by mutual regcognition to a QLD one, with no problems at all cost $50.80. I did the contractors licence locally, and I recommend this as you will bump into a few local blokes in the know to line up some good work. I did speak to Stevie O and he recommended the Peer course to me, its the best way
Old Feb 28th 2010, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

hughes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

My hubby is sitting the exam, at Peer next week. We live in WA and i read on another forum that you can no longer transfer your license from SA to WA? Can anyone give me anymore info on this as i have looked through the WA energy safety website and it states that through mutual recognition you can still transfer. He has booked his flights etc so he will sit the exam regardless but if anyone has any info on this, that would be great.

Hughes
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hughes
Hi,

My hubby is sitting the exam, at Peer next week. We live in WA and i read on another forum that you can no longer transfer your license from SA to WA? Can anyone give me anymore info on this as i have looked through the WA energy safety website and it states that through mutual recognition you can still transfer. He has booked his flights etc so he will sit the exam regardless but if anyone has any info on this, that would be great.

Hughes
Hi there,
I could be wrong but, seemingly, if your hubby has been graded as an electrical mechanic by the TRA then there shouldn't be a problem.If he has been graded as an electrical fitter then there may be a problem. Hopefully, someone else may be able to clarify this. Regards Derren
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 10:46 am
Just Joined

dollar_124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mike Mitchell 1981

No you don't need to transfer it all Licences are now inter state and it states what the licence is equivalent to on the DEIR .GOV website. I already had work so I haven't bothered changing it but I know that most employers aren't aware of this ruling and they always ask for a queensland licence. I believe it's around $50 but I am not entirely sure.

Mike
Hi Mike,
Thanks mate, I see a light at the edge...I am recognized as Fitter and registered at PEER. But I found in different blogs that it's not possible to transfer SA License to others states...which is really frustrating for me...But ur comments r great inspiration to me...
Dollar.