Training?

Old Aug 14th 2009, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

taz-devil is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Training?

Hi all,

My mother in law currently lives in Melbourne and my OH and I have decided to go over (end of November / beginning of December 2009). Initially on our Young persons working holiday visa to see if we like it enough to stay. My question to you guys is I am currently a very bored IT manager and part of the reason for going is so I can make a career change.

I have had it in my head for quite a while now that I want to retrain to be an electrician but am really struggling to find any good resources on the web for doing this in Australia. Does anyone here know how to go about it? Would anyone here take on an Electricians mate or similar role later in the year to see how it goes with a view to doing an apprenticeship?

I have looked into doing apprenticeships over here in the UK but people are not really interested at my old grand old age of 28, and as we want to make the move to Oz anyway I thought it would make sense to train in Oz too.
Old Aug 15th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: Training?

Hello All,

Take a look at Energex, they recuit mature apprentices, i don't know however if they are in Vic or not

regards

Kevin