Trades test in London

Old Feb 2nd 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

sean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the rough
Default Trades test in London

Hey, I have my trades test in London in a few weeks and am really nervous about it. I am just wondering if anyone who has taken this trades test in London please explain some examples which they had to do in there test eg, did u need to bend the conduit? Also what sort of questions was you asked in your exam? Cheers guys.
Old Feb 6th 2009, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Trades test in London

Hi Sean and welcome to BE.

There is a thread at the top of this forum page called practical exam theory. It holds all the info you need for the Vetassess day there.

Good luck, my OH is retaking his on the 16th Feb.... getting nervous now too.

Old Feb 8th 2009, 12:10 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sean.eldridge
Hey, I have my trades test in London in a few weeks and am really nervous about it. I am just wondering if anyone who has taken this trades test in London please explain some examples which they had to do in there test eg, did u need to bend the conduit? Also what sort of questions was you asked in your exam? Cheers guys.
hi guys can some of you who have already done the vetts trade test please enlighten sean

thanks guys

regards steve
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

There is a post on page 7 of the practical exam theory thread which tells you all about the day. The questions are multiple choice and are basic. Resistors series and parallel, ohms law etc etc. There is a load of info on here that people posted after they had done their days. I will look for titles of those threads and then post then here so you can do a search for them Sean.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549023
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549459
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549023

There is some info on all three of these threads.
Old Feb 8th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

sean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the roughsean.eldridge is a jewel in the rough

Thanks very much for your help guys. Yea My test is on the 16th too! Does anyone know if we have to do a full test sheet for the installation or is it just a quick insulation and continuity test?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

You don't don't have to fill in a test you, you just have to fill in the result you get on the paper they provide you with. The piece of paper they give you tells you what you have to do and then there is space to fill in your result.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

It's only the dead tests and they're all radials.[no rings] [watch your breaker rating for the cable] Davy