Going the New Zealand route

Old Mar 28th 2015, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Craigo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going the New Zealand route

Hi guys,

Just a heads up for those of you looking at going the NZ route, yes its quicker to get licensed and may even work out cheaper but all the big companies in oz now want a trade cert as well as your license. Ive missed out on a few jobs although i am licensed in Wa, Qld and NT legitimately by using the trans tasman agreement (mutual recognition) i dont have an australian recognised trade certificate because the EWRB in NZ dont issue one when youve sent all your paperwork in. Now i'll probably have extra expense and have to do the e-profiling etc to get the cert 3 even though ive been working for some time now. As i said just a heads up.

Craigo
Old Mar 29th 2015, 12:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going the New Zealand route

Originally Posted by Craigo
Hi guys,

Just a heads up for those of you looking at going the NZ route, yes its quicker to get licensed and may even work out cheaper but all the big companies in oz now want a trade cert as well as your license. Ive missed out on a few jobs although i am licensed in Wa, Qld and NT legitimately by using the trans tasman agreement (mutual recognition) i dont have an australian recognised trade certificate because the EWRB in NZ dont issue one when youve sent all your paperwork in. Now i'll probably have extra expense and have to do the e-profiling etc to get the cert 3 even though ive been working for some time now. As i said just a heads up.

Craigo
Can you get any UK qualifications RPL'd? Just a thought - my HNC gave me a diploma qualification
Old Mar 29th 2015, 12:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Old Sparkles,

I approached an RTO to enquire how i went about the cert 3 and asked if they would give me RPL for the units of competency i have on my cert 4 Hazardous Areas which is 7 out of 9 required to complete cert 3. They were not interested in giving any rpl, i would have to do the whole course and also e-profiling. It makes a complete mockery of the whole mutual recognition trans tasman agreement and stinks of RTO's trying to cash in

Craig
Old Mar 29th 2015, 1:04 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craigo
Hi Old Sparkles,

I approached an RTO to enquire how i went about the cert 3 and asked if they would give me RPL for the units of competency i have on my cert 4 Hazardous Areas which is 7 out of 9 required to complete cert 3. They were not interested in giving any rpl, i would have to do the whole course and also e-profiling. It makes a complete mockery of the whole mutual recognition trans tasman agreement and stinks of RTO's trying to cash in

Craig
What about doing a cert IV or diploma course though? You can probably get recognition for a lot of the course and as you already have a license, should be able to get on the course okay.

Any TAFE's in the area doing a cert IV? If you are not currently working, you may be able to get fee free too.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 1:06 am

Have you seen this too - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician - TAFE Queensland - they offer RPL for prior learning
Old Mar 29th 2015, 2:05 am
Just Joined

Yeah i got a number from a friend to call someone at the tafe hopefully they can help out

Thanks for your ideas

Craig