Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

TRA phone test/assessment?? HELP PAGE!!

TRA phone test/assessment?? HELP PAGE!!

Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:20 am
Just Joined

dalgoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TRA phone test/assessment?? HELP PAGE!!

Im awaiting the phone call test/assessment from the TRA Monday.
I have seen someone put some of the questions he was asked but these where in 2007 ?
Ive been studying and Im ready for the call on Monday.
I will try and write down the question and post on here?

Just wondering if anyone has had the phone call and would like to post them on here so people know what to brush up on?

Ooh and can you do it before Monday please lol.

Just think a blog like this will stop people panicking???
Old Jan 30th 2011, 1:29 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TRA phone test/assessment?? HELP PAGE!!

Originally Posted by dalgoz
Im awaiting the phone call test/assessment from the TRA Monday.
I have seen someone put some of the questions he was asked but these where in 2007 ?
Ive been studying and Im ready for the call on Monday.
I will try and write down the question and post on here?

Just wondering if anyone has had the phone call and would like to post them on here so people know what to brush up on?

Ooh and can you do it before Monday please lol.

Just think a blog like this will stop people panicking???
i would imagine that the questions will still be the same as in 07
Old Feb 15th 2011, 10:14 am
Just Joined

jackthelad99 is an unknown quantity at this point

how did u get on in the interview,throw up a few questions you were asked as a guide for other people....
Old Feb 18th 2011, 10:33 am
Just Joined

dalgoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jackthelad99
how did u get on in the interview,throw up a few questions you were asked as a guide for other people....
Mate

started with a bit on ohms law basic stuff. But she kept asking "are you sure?" after every answer twice ! Dont let that throw ya mate?

then there was stuff like

Whats powerfactor?
How does a motor work how does a 3 phase motor work?

How do you test a domestic installation?

She asks lots of questions where you are in a senario? eg you work in a factor and someone tells you that his motor has stop working? What do you do??

Draw a consumer unit with a mains switch feeding 1x water heater an RCD feeding 2 protected circuits? Now explane what you have draw? Do the cables come in the top of the Mains switch ?? where do they go and all that old bolloxs?

I was thrown by the way she conducted it but if you brush up mate you should be alright? Dont let her asking are you sure throw ya as I think she has to ask ya ??

Good luck sorry I cant remember more but I went to bits and forgot more than I can remember Sorry! Try and put what you get asked here to help others !