Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

TRA - New assessments and licencing service

TRA - New assessments and licencing service

Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default TRA - New assessments and licencing service

Good news for those that are applying in certain trades from July 1st. The TRA will be doing a single assessment for the purposes of migration, qualification recognition and licencing.

Some details here: http://www.workplace.gov.au/NR/rdonl...erBulletin.pdf (bottom of page 1 onwards)
Old Apr 8th 2007, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

andym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the roughandym79 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: TRA - New assessments and licencing service

Wendy you are on the ball again!

But is this going to be good news? It might depend on what state you are off to?

The procedure might be even more expensive!

Or am I being negative?

Mind you getting rid of the double assessment TRA ARTC seems like the best idea I have heard of!

So are there going to be big shake ups in July?
Old Apr 8th 2007, 11:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andym79
Wendy you are on the ball again!

But is this going to be good news? It might depend on what state you are off to?

The procedure might be even more expensive!

Or am I being negative?

Mind you getting rid of the double assessment TRA ARTC seems like the best idea I have heard of!

So are there going to be big shake ups in July?

It's good news in the fact that all the licencing can be done from the UK while people still have jobs. For instance my hubby didn't work for 4 months when we got here. Luckily we'd expected it and had some extra cash saved up to see us through about 6 months with no work, for a lot of people that's not an option.

I think the TRA have now realised that people are coming over on skilled visa's then deciding that it's too hard to go through everything, so are changing professions. Defeat the object of giving them the visa really

I think it's going to make things a lot easier.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 8:18 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
It's good news in the fact that all the licencing can be done from the UK while people still have jobs. For instance my hubby didn't work for 4 months when we got here. Luckily we'd expected it and had some extra cash saved up to see us through about 6 months with no work, for a lot of people that's not an option.

I think the TRA have now realised that people are coming over on skilled visa's then deciding that it's too hard to go through everything, so are changing professions. Defeat the object of giving them the visa really

I think it's going to make things a lot easier.
mmm you`d like to think so
i`ll reserve judgement untill i see who`s won the tender for assessment service and their assessement policies

regards steve