TRA Assessment route ??????

Old Jan 12th 2008, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Glapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really nice
Default TRA Assessment route ??????

My wife & I have finally decided to make the first steps on getting a new life down under. I current work in a factory as a Eng Maintenance electrician, and was just wondering if anyone could just confirm that the route i've got in my head is the right one.Get skills assessed --- TRA (Electrician Special Class) --- Wait for reply/conclusion ( How long does this take??) --- Apply for 175 visa (How long?)and then wait till they ask for any medicals/police reports etc --- then after much waiting and finger crossing --- get the visa.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: TRA Assessment route ??????

Hi as mentioned in an earlier post it's no longer TRA but Vettasses, I Think you still have to prepare all the references, proof of qualifications, etc but think now you also have to take a practical test( not 100% sure) We were lucky enough to be one of the last to be assessed under TRA. This took us about 3 months to get all the info together but alot depends on previous employers doing references as they have to be very detailed. I actually found myself writing a couple myself as alot of my bosses did'nt really have any idea of what i did day to day! Are you doing this yourself or with a help of an migration agent? I am also a maintenance manager but have applied under General Electrician, I would be more than happy to pm you a couple of my references if you need an idea of what they expect.
Regards Allan
Old Jan 12th 2008, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Hi, yes you do have to do a practical, they have already done the first lot of practicals in December and we are waiting for the next practical, not sure if it is in Feb or April. For the paper based bit we had to send qualifications,references and we also sent a statement of in-house training including tools and various jobs that OH carried out. Good luck with it all. Sharx
Old Jan 12th 2008, 7:13 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glapper View Post
My wife & I have finally decided to make the first steps on getting a new life down under. I current work in a factory as a Eng Maintenance electrician, and was just wondering if anyone could just confirm that the route i've got in my head is the right one.Get skills assessed --- TRA (Electrician Special Class) --- Wait for reply/conclusion ( How long does this take??) --- Apply for 175 visa (How long?)and then wait till they ask for any medicals/police reports etc --- then after much waiting and finger crossing --- get the visa.
not 100% sure on this one the tra still shows that its doing the application for special class vettessess only shows gen electrician and powerline

so ive included links to both, it would be prudent of you to eamil both the tra and vetts to find out which will assess you

regards steve

tra

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm

vetts

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:07 pm
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
not 100% sure on this one the tra still shows that its doing the application for special class vettessess only shows gen electrician and powerline

so ive included links to both, it would be prudent of you to eamil both the tra and vetts to find out which will assess you

regards steve

tra

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...oAustralia.htm

vetts

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...entservice.htm
Special class Electrician would be TRA still.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
Special class Electrician would be TRA still.
whats the difference between general and special class electrician??
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:13 pm
Naughty but nice...

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by docgp View Post
whats the difference between general and special class electrician??

Job description for a special class Electrician:
Services and repairs intricate and complex electrical or electronic circuitry

Job description for a General Electrician:
Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.

My OH was a maintenance sparky (worked in a factory fixing machinery, and in charge of the plant electrics) but we applied as general electrician.
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Job description for a special class Electrician:
Services and repairs intricate and complex electrical or electronic circuitry

Job description for a General Electrician:
Installs, tests, connects, commissions, maintains and modifies electrical equipment, wiring and control systems.

My OH was a maintenance sparky (worked in a factory fixing machinery, and in charge of the plant electrics) but we applied as general electrician.
cheers wendy, your a saint! do you know next weeks lottery numbers?? you seem to know everything else. thank you
Old Jan 12th 2008, 10:32 pm
Naughty but nice...

Originally Posted by docgp View Post
cheers wendy, your a saint! do you know next weeks lottery numbers?? you seem to know everything else. thank you

6/12/21/26/32/40
Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:03 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

6/12/21/26/32/40
it would be prudent wends to put a quid on that
you never know
Old Jan 13th 2008, 1:21 am
Naughty but nice...

Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
it would be prudent wends to put a quid on that
you never know

Ah but, I need to decide whether they're the UK numbers, Australian numbers or even somewhere else
Old Jan 13th 2008, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have installation experience it may be more benefical to apply for General Electrician, then you can apply for an A grade electrical mechanic licence this opens more doors.
As a maintenance electrician I am sure you must install cables, distribution boards and switch gear for new machines! Also test the aforementioned installations.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Glapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really niceGlapper is just really nice

Thanx 4 the replies, Just new to all this and there seems to be alot to take in at once. I've done a good range of installation work as i've been running my own electrical business while doing my conti shift pattern, so it's given me a good range of electrical experience - similar to most maint sparks. It seems that the majority of sparks r going down the general electrician route but i'm not really bothered which one i get as long as it helps me get a visa, so i'll do a little more digging to find out which route to go down.
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:31 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Glapper View Post
Thanx 4 the replies, Just new to all this and there seems to be alot to take in at once. I've done a good range of installation work as i've been running my own electrical business while doing my conti shift pattern, so it's given me a good range of electrical experience - similar to most maint sparks. It seems that the majority of sparks r going down the general electrician route but i'm not really bothered which one i get as long as it helps me get a visa, so i'll do a little more digging to find out which route to go down.
as the special class is still assessed by the tra i would go down that route if you have the qualifications and experiance
its quicker and a damn site cheaper to be assessed by the tra than vetts

regards steve
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:07 am
Just Joined

I think that's the route I'm going to try first, Steve. Just been looking at what is required by vetassess and it costs a few quid doesn't it, mind you if I need to go down the vetassess route I'll have to go and pay for it. I'll let u know either way, cos it might help someone else

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.