TRA

Old Dec 11th 2009, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

Glasgow is on a distinguished road
Default TRA

Hi,
After a lot of faffing about my migration skills assessment application for electrician special class has been successful

Just out of interest has anyone submitted the same report when applying to TRA for an ARTC certificate?
Old Dec 11th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: TRA

Hello All,

Just to inform you that ARTC applications are vetted by tradesman and not pen pushers, so detail and lots of it is required. your application is sent to a board of tradies that look at your papers and assess whether or not you meet the grade. then issue the appropriate cert, so get it right the first time, appeals can be made but usually based on new evidence and not some experience re-worded.

Regards

kevin
Old Dec 11th 2009, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Kevin,
I was a very long time submitting my report and as time went on I kept on adding new things I thought would be of relevance, what I ended up with was a 51 page 13000 word report of virtually everything I have ever done.

I have no idea if I just managed to pass or if the report was a bit OTT, my thinking was better too much info than not enough

I don't really know what more I could add apart from experience gathered between now and application time. (if I get a visa)

Any of you guys that have successfully gained an ARTC give any info on quality and quantity of your report?
Old Dec 11th 2009, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

Originally Posted by Glasgow
Thanks Kevin,

Any of you guys that have successfully gained an ARTC give any info on quality and quantity of your report?
photo evidance.

i knew i had to go down this route ,applying for the ARTC,so took lots of photo`s of myself actually doing stuff,connecting mains ,wiring stuff and then explaining what i was doing.......all done in microsoft word..........about 30 pages in total.Got me my ARTC for mechanic.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
photo evidance.

i knew i had to go down this route ,applying for the ARTC,so took lots of photo`s of myself actually doing stuff,connecting mains ,wiring stuff and then explaining what i was doing.......all done in microsoft word..........about 30 pages in total.Got me my ARTC for mechanic.
Iv done the picture bit as well (how much of a plonker did I feel)

300$ for skills assessment from TRA, funnily enough its exactly 300$ for ARTC assessment from TRA.

Just thinking out loud here, If the TRA say your successful in your application for migration skills assessment for spark special class (criteria being - You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the same range of work at the same level of skill as a tradesperson trained in Australia)

Then how can the same TRA possibly fail you on submitting the same report for ARTC (criteria being - You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the same range of work at the same level of skill as a tradesperson trained in Australia).

anyone any thoughts? am I way off the mark here?
Old Dec 13th 2009, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello all,

The tra side is for immigration and done by pen pushers, and the Artc is for Licencing classification and done by tradies. You can only do the ARTC if you have residency.

Hope this helps

Kevin
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

i submitted pretty much the same info for the artc as i did for the TRA skills assessment.
dont forget you dont have to pay for your assessment if you have already been assessed by them for the visa. the first application is free.
51 pages! very thorough. mine was about 4 or 5 as i remember!
as stated you need to be resident or have entitlement for residency (ie your visa in your passport)

good luck.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:09 am
Just Joined

Leerob77, never knew you never had to pay for your assessment good info!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello all,

The tra side is for immigration and done by pen pushers, and the Artc is for Licencing classification and done by tradies. You can only do the ARTC if you have residency.

Hope this helps

Kevin
This in incorrect. I am on a working holiday visa and have got my ARTC. I also know at least 10 other people on the same visa who have it too.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Hello all,

Are you not resident then, i thought the idea of a working visa was to be present in the country

Regards

Kevin
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

I'm not a resident. I'm on a working holiday visa. You don't need to be a resident to obtain an ARTC or an electrical licence.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Hello All,

Listen this is going nowhere fast, you are resident in the country, thereby you have residency, your visa allows you to stay in the country and work, which is totally different to a tourist visitor visa
Old Dec 21st 2009, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,

Listen this is going nowhere fast, you are resident in the country, thereby you have residency, your visa allows you to stay in the country and work, which is totally different to a tourist visitor visa
don't think you really understand what a working holiday visa is. It is a visa which is valid for one year but can be extended for a second year by doing 3 months regional work. It allows a person to live and work in Australia for this period of time.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 6:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agillick
don't think you really understand what a working holiday visa is. It is a visa which is valid for one year but can be extended for a second year by doing 3 months regional work. It allows a person to live and work in Australia for this period of time.
you reside in au dont you?
therefore your a resident!
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
you reside in au dont you?
therefore your a resident!
So does that mean that all backpackers are residents? Think immigration see it differently! I live in Australia...that doesn't automatically make me a resident.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.