test and tag

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough
Default test and tag

I was looking through some jobs today and came across this

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/i...JobID=12902903

what exactly are test and tag qualifications, dont tell me someone's come up with a licience for test and tagging and its a 2year course costing loads of $. Im being sarcastic of course any idiot could do a basic installation, earth test and put a sticker, tag on - sorry just annoyed with the whole liciencing thing at the moment
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice
Default Re: test and tag

Originally Posted by ozoz

what exactly are test and tag qualifications, dont tell me someone's come up with a licience for test and tagging and its a 2year course costing loads of $. Im being sarcastic of course any idiot could do a basic installation, earth test and put a sticker, tag on - sorry just annoyed with the whole liciencing thing at the moment
from a quick search on google it looks like PAT testing

will dig deeper for you ozoz

doc
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

look for AS/NZ 3760

for more info

doc
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

PAT Testing, although I am qualified.......I would rather spend time with the mother inlaw!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:21 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

for qld only

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...urse/index.htm

and

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...ment/index.htm

its testing captain
but not as we know it
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

ozoz will become famous soon enoughozoz will become famous soon enough

Thats what im talking about what next a licience to walk down the street, its a case of the big corps - politicians just cutting out the little guy with all this red tape, Who do you think owns peer tec and tra swap around rta
Old Jun 4th 2008, 6:38 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what im talking about what next a licience to walk down the street, its a case of the big corps - politicians just cutting out the little guy with all this red tape, Who do you think owns peer tec and tra swap around rta

yep its annoying but it does mean that only qualified sparkies get to work legally

you can tag n test if your a licenced electrical contractor or if you do the course personally i wouldnt bother

go the contractors route and its covered