Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

TAFE ETL...175 Visa holders pay Permanent Resident FEES???

TAFE ETL...175 Visa holders pay Permanent Resident FEES???

Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice
Default TAFE ETL...175 Visa holders pay Permanent Resident FEES???

Hi There
Im just checking this 2 week Tafe 1788 - Course In Electrical Trade Licensing
Am I right in assuming that I pay permanent resident rates for the course??

What does this visa let me do?

This visa allows you and any secondary applicants included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

Australian permanent residents can:
•live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
•study in Australia at school, Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector or university
•receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
•access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
•be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
•sponsor people for permanent residence.

DURATION
2 weeks
TIMES
Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm
DATES
Courses run monthly
FEE
Australian Permanent Residents $249 Non-Australian residents $1350

Many thanks

Orrin
Old Feb 27th 2013, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice
Default Re: TAFE ETL...175 Visa holders pay Permanent Resident FEES???

Correct! But to be able to attend this course you'll need ARTC certificate from TRA.
Old Feb 27th 2013, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

orrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really niceorrin is just really nice

What about Vetassess OSTR??
Just checking?
Cheers
Orrin
Old Feb 27th 2013, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice

With Vetassess OSTR you have to do 12 months gap training (work under supervising + log book), ARTC gives you an A grade license as soon as you finish the course
Old Feb 27th 2013, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hey Deyan
Thanks for the replies... Is this still the case? I heard that they blocked that path as well... Also as i had to do vetassess to get the 175 visa...am i right in assuming that they will block my ARTC application as i have to declare that I have an OSTR when applying??
Thanks for the help...
Cheers
Orrin
Old Feb 28th 2013, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

You're probably best speaking to the TAFE and Energy Safety to find out exactly where you stand. I was lucky to get here just before they introduced the provisional license. I got the permanent resident discount by the way.

Good luck, let us know what the procedure is now (I have heard the only way is 12 month provisional license, but best to find out about an ARTC)