sunshine coast or gold coast

Old Sep 17th 2008, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice
Default sunshine coast or gold coast

Hi,

I will be visiting the sunshine coast in october for 3 weeks and I am staying in caloundra in the sunshine coast.

can anybody tell me some nice areas to visit to do some property searching either in the sunshine coast or the gold coast.

thanks

chris
Old Sep 17th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: sunshine coast or gold coast

Hello All,

I'm Affraid you have to talk money, certain area's are expensive and you have to know your limits. look at the link and put in your start and stop prices.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin...s&snf=rbs&a=sf

Regards

Kevin
Old Sep 18th 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

burkelj is an unknown quantity at this point

Would recommend Noosa and Rainbow Beach as places to visit on the Sunshine Coast.
We're living in Gympie an hours drive from each of these places. Houses and land are cheap without the hassle of hectic city life.
Depends what your looking for..........
Old Sep 18th 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Annie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really nice

You are going to have to give a bit more information about the kinds of things you are looking for.

Do you need to be close to schools? Are you looking for lifestyle? Do you prefer established houses, new houses, flats etc? Waterfront, scenic, suburban, golf?

Doesn't need to be really detailed, just an idea to narrow it down a little. You get the drift...

Don't need budget, as you can work that out for yourself when you see the areas.

IMO the Gold Coast is bigger (number of people), has a bit more infrastructure than Sunshine Coast, more schools, hospitals etc.

I love what I know of the Sunshine Coast and would consider living in somewhere like Noosa when I am retired! To me it seems to have a much slower pace than the Gold Coast... but it's all relative really and depends what you want

We live on Gold Coast because of the extra infrastructure and choice of schools etc.

If you re-post with a bit more of a guide - you don't have to reveal everything, just enough to give us an idea, or if you prefer, you can im me and I can perhaps give you suggestions for the Gold Coast.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:51 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

morning annie where abouts on the GC are you guys ? and how long have you bee out here ?

we have been over at worongry nr robina for the last two yrs
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Annie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really niceAnnie.R is just really nice

Originally Posted by steve`o
morning annie where abouts on the GC are you guys ? and how long have you bee out here ?

we have been over at worongry nr robina for the last two yrs
I've been in Oz since 1989, Sydney, Melbourne and now Gold Coast. Gold Coast since 2004. Lived in Arundel first and now Labrador. Been really lucky with that.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

I dont need schools but a good infrastructure would be good with shops, doctors etc. I know I requested gold/sunshine coast but interested in inland properties also as i am aware you get more for your money.

I am probably looking to spend upto $500k

Any info would be greatful

thanks

chris
Old Sep 21st 2008, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

A few places to look in Gold Coast area could be
Robina, Worongary, Currumbin, Nerang, Gilston, Mt Nathan, Mt Tamborine and Eagle Heights, Coomera, Pimpama, Oxenford, Wongawallan. These are all suburbs a little bit away from the buzz, but easily accessible. If you want to go really inland - Beaudesert or Jimboomba are over the mountains. It's really going to depend upon what you are looking for. But at least these suburb names might give you a start. If you want to check out real estate, try www.realestate.com.au or www.domain.com.au they both have sales and rentals which will give you an idea once you know the suburb names etc.

I've suggested a real mix here, have a look on the www.maps.google.com.au that way you can work out where everything is relative to where you are looking. You can use the Get Directions tab to give you an idea of how far by car and how long it takes to get between places, as I know that is the hardest thing to get to grips with in Australia! You can also use this to get an idea of where shops and hospitals etc are.

I hope that helps from the Gold Coast perspective, I am not familiar enough with the Sunshine coast to help you with that, but if you use Google Maps you can check out sunshine coast which roughly starts at Caloundra and goes north to Noosa along the coast and then inland up into the mountains.

When you have an idea from this, perhaps post again with a few more specific questions and someone might be able to give you a bit more guidance.

Good luck.
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

thanks Annie I will have a look at these places

chris