Steve`o

Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:10 pm
Banned

Bossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really nice
Default Steve`o

Hi I didnt now how else to get hold of you !
In your thread of Sept 26th 2005 regarding licence and cpr.
This is the road I am looking to go and the way I read it was the only way to do it,now from what I`ve read is I have to be resident to get a TRAC is this right or not?
So did they supply you with a TRAC in UK or did you have to be in OZ?
Now the other thing is why is it that everyone else is doing peer couse and tafe course and vitasses and all that,why I`m asking is because I`ve read so many threads now my head is spinning and I honestly think the more you read into it the hazier things get!.
All I want to know is did you eventually have to do this peer course(i dont even know what peer stands for!)or is it as black and white as you explained in the thread?
I thought all you had to do was get your visa,apply for your TRAC,get CPR,apply for licence permit,go through training org under supervision then apply for full licence am I right or wrong?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 8:23 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Steve`o

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1
Hi I didnt now how else to get hold of you !
In your thread of Sept 26th 2005 regarding licence and cpr.
This is the road I am looking to go and the way I read it was the only way to do it,now from what I`ve read is I have to be resident to get a TRAC is this right or not?
So did they supply you with a TRAC in UK or did you have to be in OZ?
Now the other thing is why is it that everyone else is doing peer couse and tafe course and vitasses and all that,why I`m asking is because I`ve read so many threads now my head is spinning and I honestly think the more you read into it the hazier things get!.
All I want to know is did you eventually have to do this peer course(i dont even know what peer stands for!)or is it as black and white as you explained in the thread?
I thought all you had to do was get your visa,apply for your TRAC,get CPR,apply for licence permit,go through training org under supervision then apply for full licence am I right or wrong?
artc = australian recognised trade certificate and yes you have to already have your visa to apply for one, you can however once you have your visa apply from the uk using a a mates address here in aus ( they wont send an artc overseas )
http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplac...nresidents.htm

peer is a private "tafe" ( techincal college ) in SA ( south australia ) that runs australian "standards" electrical courses
http://peer.com.au/Training/Overseas...1/Default.aspx
you can do the course via correspondance ( alot do it whist still in the uk ) and only go to peer in adelaide for the exam ( 3 days, 2 to revise and the 3rd days the exam )
once you have both your peer pass certificate and your artc you can apply for an south austalian electrical workers licence, this can then if required be exchanged for its equivilent in any other austalian state under mutual recognition
http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/electrica...tate/index.htm
ive enclosed a copy of queenslands version all ther states have something similar

has this cleared it up ?

hope so regards steve
Old Dec 5th 2009, 1:13 am
Banned

Bossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really nice

Can I just say A big thanks for replying to my post/thread thing!
Thought u was going to ignore me,I`ve sort of spoke my mind a few times all ready!
Please dont read my replys as being bolshy or rude,I just dont pussyfoot around no point I think.

No not still clear, is this peer course the same as 16th edition regs in UK?
I presume your not a site electrician?
Do you know anyone who is and would they get a start without relevant licence etc(or is this hush hush).
Do you have a local or do surf clubs or stay at home and have a beer?
Do you think you made the right move and what do you miss?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 2:55 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Can I just say A big thanks for replying to my post/thread thing!
Thought u was going to ignore me,I`ve sort of spoke my mind a few times all ready!
Please dont read my replys as being bolshy or rude,I just dont pussyfoot around no point I think.

carnt say as ive noticed mate, i do a rather good version of blunt myself, i put it down to working on sites over the years

No not still clear, is this peer course the same as 16th edition regs in UK? ista a bit more involved than the 16th with lots of calcs re loading, voltdrop etc i`d definatley say it was harder than the 16th

I presume your not a site electrician?
not any more, for the past three years ive be doing breakdown work on commercial catering equipmet

Do you know anyone who is and would they get a start without relevant licence etc(or is this hush hush). yes i know loads of sparkies and no you wouldnt get a start without a licence unless you want to do either fire alarms or be a TA ( trade assistant ) as most sites are quite strictly union only

Do you have a local or do surf clubs or stay at home and have a beer? woodchoppers in muddgie
http://www.woodchoppersinn.com/

Do you think you made the right move and what do you miss? yes and to be honest not a lot, in manchester we lived in a semi and for what i sold the semi for we bought a low set ( bungalow ) in 1 1/2 acres with a pool, something i would never as spark achieved in the uk, i also feel that lifes more laid back and alot less crime exspecially where we live now, our daughters done well at school ( local state school ) and shes going on to uni next tostudy law, the wifes happy in what shes doing over here as well, so yes its alot better for us
heres our story ive started at page 11 as it shows the new hosue when we bought it
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...400962&page=11

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Dec 5th 2009 at 3:02 am.