Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

State Sponsership - Financial

State Sponsership - Financial

Old Aug 31st 2009, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default State Sponsership - Financial

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if there is a minimnum financial requirement for state sponsership?

I personally haven't heard of any minimum amounts, however my wife has read a thread on this site saying that an agent has quoted that a minimnum of $34,000 AUD is required? Sorry can't find the thread. We are heading for Queensland.

Could anyone who has obtained their state sponsership confirm if this is true?
Old Aug 31st 2009, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: State Sponsership - Financial

Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if there is a minimnum financial requirement for state sponsership?

I personally haven't heard of any minimum amounts, however my wife has read a thread on this site saying that an agent has quoted that a minimnum of $34,000 AUD is required? Sorry can't find the thread. We are heading for Queensland.

Could anyone who has obtained their state sponsership confirm if this is true?
Queensland require proof of funds, not including your equity in your house. Depends on how many are going over, married couple, fixed amount, married couple plus children diff amount, just need to send them your account details with the cash in and its all a o kay.
Old Aug 31st 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jasonlec View Post
Queensland require proof of funds, not including your equity in your house. Depends on how many are going over, married couple, fixed amount, married couple plus children diff amount, just need to send them your account details with the cash in and its all a o kay.
Thanks for your reply, do you know where this information can be found of the figures required?

Took a look at the application forms but there is no mention of any required amounts? I want to make sure that I transfer enough into our personal account if there is a required figure.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 5:31 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WarrenG View Post
Thanks for your reply, do you know where this information can be found of the figures required?

Took a look at the application forms but there is no mention of any required amounts? I want to make sure that I transfer enough into our personal account if there is a required figure.
Amounts as follows in Aus $

1 person 20k
2 person 28k
3 person 31k
4 person 34k
5 person 37k

Had the info through via my agent, appears they are going bck on previous issued state sponsorship to check they have the funds.

Have sent bank statements as proof of cash through to agent, they then pass it on.

Taking it as being "person" stands for children too, you get 60 days to get it to them after their request for proof of funds, so more time on top of it all if you have to juggle funds around.