Sparky work - Adelaide

Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Drew813 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sparky work - Adelaide

Does anyone know of anyone looking for sparks here? Pretty stuck at the moment, got a few days to sort out what were up to but we need to get a job somewhere in oz soonish

Cheers

Drew
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sparky work - Adelaide

Originally Posted by Drew813
Does anyone know of anyone looking for sparks here? Pretty stuck at the moment, got a few days to sort out what were up to but we need to get a job somewhere in oz soonish

Cheers

Drew

Hi Drew,

Do you have a licence yet? and what type of Electrician job are you looking for - domestic / commercial / manufacturing (PLC's) etc

I know that my OH's place are looking for someone with PLC knowledge for the afternoon shift - it's in the Northern Suburbs at Edinburgh Park, hours will be something like 2:50 to 11:20 (something like that!)
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Drew813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi wendy,

Im going to apply for my electrical license from the TRA, but not going to bother with doing the course for the wiring regulations. Obviously its gonna take some time before i get my license through, but do you know if your OH's work would take us on without it as a sparkys mate or anything, it would be really helpful. Starting to get a bit stressful.....
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Drew813
Hi wendy,

Im going to apply for my electrical license from the TRA, but not going to bother with doing the course for the wiring regulations. Obviously its gonna take some time before i get my license through, but do you know if your OH's work would take us on without it as a sparkys mate or anything, it would be really helpful. Starting to get a bit stressful.....

You don't get a licence through the TRA - only an Australian Recognised Trades Certificate, which you need to be able to apply for a licence - but you also need to do the wiring regulations course or you won't get a licence either. There is no other way around it in SA. The course only takes 3 week through www.peer.com.au

And no, they won't set anyone on without the licence, I have asked before. Sorry
Old Aug 27th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

there are a few companies that will take you on as a trades assistant the company I work for did and a few others that the blokes I did the wiring course with did its just a matter of sending your cv out and trying everyone the advertiser is a good paper loads of sparkies jobs in there last saturday

Andy