sparky in new zealand

Old Jun 9th 2007, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

gavin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default sparky in new zealand

Hi,
me and the missus are going to new zealand early next year on a 2 year whv. Any advice on what needs to be done to work as a sparks out there would be appreciated, also what are the chances of getting work unregistered?? Any advice about what i can do here or when iwe arrive would be appreciated. Cheers in advance, Gavin
Old Jun 10th 2007, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: sparky in new zealand

Originally Posted by gavin1
Hi,
me and the missus are going to new zealand early next year on a 2 year whv. Any advice on what needs to be done to work as a sparks out there would be appreciated, also what are the chances of getting work unregistered?? Any advice about what i can do here or when iwe arrive would be appreciated. Cheers in advance, Gavin

Hi Gavin,

I'm not at all clued up on NZ policies with regards to electricians licences etc, but I've found this post which may help

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...01&postcount=2

Hope that it helps
Old Jun 10th 2007, 8:53 am
Just Joined

gavin1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Wendy, as usual a goldmine of info from you! Wonder what this forum would do without you...
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I was going to re-direct you to a relevant thread within the New Zealand forum but I see its already been done.

There are a couple of other sparkies on the NZ site that you might want to chat with.
Look forward to seeing you pop in.

edited to add...
electrical work , like other trade and construction work is regulated here in NZ. You would need to obtain a licence to work within the trade. Not to do so would be illegal .

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 18th 2007 at 4:10 am. Reason: add a bit
Old Jun 18th 2007, 5:21 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

electrical work , like other trade and construction work is regulated here in NZ. You would need to obtain a licence to work within the trade. Not to do so would be illegal .
You can go and get a temporary licence. Its also possible to get work without a licence. I know i did it and that was with a big company doing installs, servicing and air con units. I just couldnt sign certain jobs off. ie new installation of emergency lights. Had to get one of the other guys to check it and sign with their licence number. BTW this is Auckland.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 5:46 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

wendy, the NZ regs are the same as Australia
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
wendy, the NZ regs are the same as Australia

Do you know what, I've just had one of them 'light bulb' moments

Of course they are, or the regs wouldn't say AUS/NZ would they

Doh!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

clever girl wendy i wondered if you would pick up on that AS/NZ