Sparkies Adelaide

Old Sep 30th 2008, 8:12 pm
Am a Sparky get me outa ?

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice
Default Sparkies Adelaide

Does anyone know if there is a demand for sparks in adelaide is there much building going off? or where is a good place to look for job advertistments for sparkies? ive typed it into google etc had a look at the Adelaide Advertiser, but with are trade not many companies advertise for normal electricians its who you know or hear of jobs going on .
Is there a set rate for sparks like the jib here???
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:50 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sparkies Adelaide

Tombo
As for the set rate i o not belie there is but the general ruling sems to be about 30-35$ per hr
as for the work situation in that neck of the woods its on my list this week as we try and finalise where exactly we would like to settle or at least go to first.
my first thoughts and ut feeling says QLD but it seems that 90% of the sprks that post on here are from or heading that way !

So we are looking to keep our options open on that front, i did start a thread about sparks jobs in north sydney but no replies there

so hopefully this thread may throw up some opportunities in he adilaide area

they must be buidng ouses and have factories after all that reuire some sort of electricity or maybe they still use candles and steam power and electricians are simply not required

if i find anything of interest i shall post it up on here,

good luck

Dougie

Last edited by Dougie; Sep 30th 2008 at 11:52 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Seek and you shall find (sorry, that's the advertising strap line when the ad comes on )

http://www.seek.com.au/

I haven't really looked at the paper for a while, but last time I did there was plenty on work for licenced electricians in Adelaide
Old Oct 1st 2008, 7:44 pm

tombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nicetombo1979 is just really nice

Aup Doughie and Louise
I heard that there is a large mine expanding in Adelaide and if its like the mines in WA there should be good money to be had ( nice ) also there building new aussie warships cruisers etc there again good money if you can get it.

Have you passed your TRA yet? soz if you posted it b4 dont get to get online much.
If so what did you think of it, am Sh----- myself borrowed my apprentices notes me more how technical are the ques?
Pls tell me there easier than am thinking
Old Oct 1st 2008, 8:03 pm

Cheers Wendy nice link
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tombo1979
Cheers Wendy nice link
Some more for you

www.careerone.com.au

http://employment.byron.com.au/jobs/...-adelaide.html
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:09 pm

Wendy how did your hubby go about getting a job did it tkae him long?
Old Oct 5th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey tombo there is plenty of work in adelaide rates between $27-$35 an hour we been here about 5 months now and I got offered 3 jobs as soon as I startd looking loads of work going on in the city depends on what you re used to doing industrial house bashing etc lots of companies will take you on as a trades assistant while you get your licence the advertiser on a saturday is the best paper although they do advertise throo the week too but I just got the yellow pages and rang a few companies and got a job that way
mining is taking off her too if you dont mind being away from family they normally do 3 weeks on 1 week off

Hope this helps

Andy
Old Oct 5th 2008, 7:39 am

cheers Andy it does mate. how are you finding the work ova there and cost of living lifestyle etc? Ive got my trade test end of month and trying to relearn all those cal`s dont really use them bending conduit.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by tombo1979
Wendy how did your hubby go about getting a job did it tkae him long?

Hi there

It took him 5 months!! BUT only because we knew he had to do the wiring rules exam and it took him 3 months to enrol which I actually ended up doing in the end (enrolling him that is, not me doing the course ).

I did all the ARTC stuff and sent it off about 5 weeks after we arrived. He actually had his ARTC by the time he went on the course, he was the only one there that did have it.

As soon as he passed the exam he applied for a licence, then rang an agency about a job he'd seen advertised and he was working for them the next day, they were fine about him not actually having a licence once we showed them the application receipt.

He is still there now after 2 years - he gets $30 per hour and works as a maintenance electrician (he's doing mainly PLC work). He tells me that he does bugger all except go around pressing reset buttons all day
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:09 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Hi there

He is still there now after 2 years - he gets $30 per hour and works as a maintenance electrician (he's doing mainly PLC work). He tells me that he does bugger all except go around pressing reset buttons all day

Does he need an assistant?
Old Oct 6th 2008, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

It took me a 5 week course 2 nights a week to do wiring regs and exam at the end I sent off for my artc about a week after arriving I was working whilst doing the course also to work on building sites you need a white card which is just a health and saftey course which can also be done at peer
there is plenty of work in adelaide both in the city and further out
I am on $30 an hour the work is easy the hardest part is learning to slow down

Andy
Old Oct 8th 2008, 3:07 pm

Wont be hard for me to slow down mate. Cant wait just passing this exam now
Old Oct 11th 2008, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

good luck with exam
they really dont work hard here at all they do about 4 hours work a day
so you gotta spread it out do a bit chat do a bit have smoke'o' then do a bit and so on they all friendly on site so plenty of people to chat to
and dont work too neatly just throw it in their favorite saying is "dont worry its rcd protected"

Andy
Old Oct 11th 2008, 10:26 am
Swollen Member

Originally Posted by andywilson19
"dont worry its rcd protected"

Andy

Quality