South Australia license

Old Nov 29th 2012, 6:15 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: South Australia license

Originally Posted by dunkl
No mate, you're just not reading carefully. Not offended, and certainly not wishing to offend you, but here you're doing it again, misrepresenting my words.
We were talking about restricted license, you're talking about full. Please read again and say where have you read anything about getting a full lic. in Vic without LEA. I admit I was annoyed having to explain myself now without any need, but it's ok, people make mistakes.

Anyway, thanks Jock for that reply, Rink, I mailed app this morning;
... and I will let you all know what happens next.(just for the records) Ocean is too cold for swimming in Victoria anyway.
Fingers crossed for you , finished my application today, just need the jp bit now and it's in the post! I'm sending front and back copy of SA licence signed by JP and the form... thats it unless i'm missing something?

I must of read it al 10 times looking for a request for a photograph but couldn't find anything?

Am i missing anything do you think? and how much do i need to include for the 3 year licence?
Old Nov 29th 2012, 9:48 am
Just Joined

dunkl will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
Fingers crossed for you , finished my application today, just need the jp bit now and it's in the post! I'm sending front and back copy of SA licence signed by JP and the form... thats it unless i'm missing something?

I must of read it al 10 times looking for a request for a photograph but couldn't find anything?

Am i missing anything do you think? and how much do i need to include for the 3 year licence?
I was struggling with same things , at the end decided to cut it and send it... Too much thinking, too much form filling, and even JP was slightly confused with her space on the form why is date space so strangely wide... .
I was comparing license app form with mutual recognition app form, there is a photo request on the "real one". and it occurred to me that they will ask our file from SA and photo will be in it. Or they don't need photo because they didn't think about giving us that license in the first place . Or they will ask for it later if successful.
Fee should be 199 for 3 years, but I just gave the card details this time, they can take now what ever they want (hopefully not too much).
And that was it, license copy and the form, I couldn't find anything else needed either. Note, I'm note sure about any of this more than you are, I'm tired of reading and listening and requirements and forms, so this was actually easy - two papers, a signature and an envelope....
I won't think about this thing again until I receive some reply from them. And I wouldn't cry if I don't get it.

Actually, I will stop by here from time to time to see how are you going . Will see who will bring the news first.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:14 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Or they don't need photo
The NSW one i have has no picture.
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:48 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

I was struggling with same things , at the end decided to cut it and send it... Too much thinking, too much form filling, and even JP was slightly confused with her space on the form why is date space so strangely wide... .
I was comparing license app form with mutual recognition app form, there is a photo request on the "real one". and it occurred to me that they will ask our file from SA and photo will be in it. Or they don't need photo because they didn't think about giving us that license in the first place . Or they will ask for it later if successful.
Fee should be 199 for 3 years, but I just gave the card details this time, they can take now what ever they want (hopefully not too much).
And that was it, license copy and the form, I couldn't find anything else needed either. Note, I'm note sure about any of this more than you are, I'm tired of reading and listening and requirements and forms, so this was actually easy - two papers, a signature and an envelope....
I won't think about this thing again until I receive some reply from them. And I wouldn't cry if I don't get it.

Actually, I will stop by here from time to time to see how are you going . Will see who will bring the news first.
lol, i know what you mean, i would go through it all again!
Old Nov 29th 2012, 10:55 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by Jockstar
thats reassuring, thanks
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 7:54 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

NSW mutual recognition application went in on Friday.

The coin is in the air now, no idea if i'll get it or not based on the varying anecdotal evidence on here but i'll bee sure to let you all know the outcome,.

The race is on to see who's comes back first!
Old Dec 6th 2012, 5:33 am
Just Joined

Jockstar, do you remember maybe how much time was needed to get the license? Are they acknowledging receipt of application first? I know I said I wouldn't think about it anymore , but I would like to set my timer to wake me up if they decide to take too much time on this...
Old Dec 10th 2012, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Rinkerdink, my friend, going well?
My card is just being charged for 199$. Good sign?
I'm saying no more...
Old Dec 10th 2012, 7:18 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Rinkerdink, my friend, going well?
My card is just being charged for 199$. Good sign?
I'm saying no more...
Hehe, good luck my friend! I hope it works out for both yours and my sakes

I will watch my bank closely over the next couple of days to see if they take my money, just checked and nothing taken yet...

Last edited by rinkerdink; Dec 10th 2012 at 7:24 am.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:13 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

They took my $199 today, I wonder what the new year will bring...
Old Dec 21st 2012, 9:34 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Jockstar, do you remember maybe how much time was needed to get the license? Are they acknowledging receipt of application first? I know I said I wouldn't think about it anymore , but I would like to set my timer to wake me up if they decide to take too much time on this...
I think it was about 5 or 6 weeks.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 1:27 am
Just Joined

cbaxrule is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you have ur receipt for the mutual recognition application you can work in NSW as electrician , this is fact as I rang them Friday cos am getting my WA A grade swapped to NSW.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 10:32 pm
Just Joined

I think it was about 5 or 6 weeks.
Thanks.

cbaxrule, thanks for the answer, it would be like that if I have received any receipt
Old Dec 24th 2012, 2:46 am
Just Joined

Got it. 4 weeks, it says Supervisor Certificate, Electrician. Rinkerdink, yours should be on the way then
I will let myself having a happy holidays, although my small family is without any income currently, then I will think what can we do next....
Old Dec 24th 2012, 11:47 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Got it. 4 weeks, it says Supervisor Certificate, Electrician. Rinkerdink, yours should be on the way then
I will let myself having a happy holidays, although my small family is without any income currently, then I will think what can we do next....
Well done , it just shows that there is no substitute for personal experience and that you shouldn't always believe everything you read. If it wasn't for Jockstar saying this was possible I wouldn't have bothered applying after reading all the doom and gloom surrounding Fitter ARTC, PEER course, SA licencing and the mutual recognition agreement. Fingers crossed mine turns up soon, don't need it but it will be a nice one to have, especially as the border is so close

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.