Some advice please

Old Oct 6th 2013, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Mattp50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some advice please

Hi,

I know a lot of people ask the same questions but I was looking for some clarification and some advice.

I currently have a PR visa and I was the main applicant. I got my OSTR via Vic Uni.

I have mostly been a maintenance electrician but I have also done some install work and inspection and testing. The last few years i have been a supervisor and I have now been offered a position in Perth as a supervisor which is mostly management. However they want me to gain a licence which is in my contract to gain within a year. This is required for permits etc.

Can someone advise on the route and would I get a fitters licence instead? Would this be a problem or would I have to get a grade A licence?

I have read somewhere on here but can't find the thread now that maybe ARTC is not the best route now? Im also worried that I won't be able to get my licence if I'm not hands on much in this new job. I'm happy filling a log book and time is not the issue, I'm sure if i need more time it would be granted.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and I'm sorry of a lot of the answers have been covered before.

Cheers

Matt