should i apply anyway?

Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

kennymac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default should i apply anyway?

Hi guys i am wondering whether to start the ball rolling on my application or not, the reason being 99% of my time i don't do much other than replacing sockets/pendants, checking smoke alarms work the odd fault finding in domestic properties etc etc .
i think i would need to revise too much to pass the test what do you think will it be worth the time and money involved?

thanks kenny
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:15 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of
Default Re: should i apply anyway?

Originally Posted by kennymac
Hi guys i am wondering whether to start the ball rolling on my application or not, the reason being 99% of my time i don't do much other than replacing sockets/pendants, checking smoke alarms work the odd fault finding in domestic properties etc etc .
i think i would need to revise too much to pass the test what do you think will it be worth the time and money involved?

thanks kenny
Feel free to fill in the answers and move on to the next question ..............

Do you want to move down under ?

Are you loaded or will you have to work to survive once you get there?

Are you an electrician ?

then you must be time served ?

Or mickey mouse 4 week and your qualified jobby?

either way if you are any kop then you can get your trade assessed via vettasses

pass this

apply for visa

get meds done

get police check done

recieve visa

sell your caravan/flat/house/villa/manision

bank the cash

fly to oz

rent house

get ARTC

get blue card

get CPR course

get a job

earn some $$$'s

buy a house

chill in the back garden with a few beers

live happily ever after

HTH

Dougie

Right i,m chattin too much sh1t now an not makin any sense (what was this post about again ????????? have i missed anything out ??

OK good i'm off to finish this crate of cider off................

Last edited by Dougie; Sep 20th 2008 at 8:19 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by kennymac

thanks kenny
Welcome to BE kenny,

only you can answer this question!

There are plenty of posts on this forum discussing everything, from the vetassess application to buying your first house in oz.

Have a browse through and let us know what you decide in the future.

Look at the department of immigration website to see if you qualify first anf then have a butchers at the vetasses website.

good luck

doc
Old Sep 21st 2008, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys there are so many helpfull people on here , i have read a lot of posts on here and been to the immigration website i am pretty sure i qualify points wise etc it is just the exam part that is a worry to me,it is alot of money to lose if nerves get to me and i mess something up.

well as they say nothing ventured nothing gained so i will start trying to revise stuff (16 years since i did motors + resistor stuff at college) and take it from there.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 3:37 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

OK good luck Kenny

Let us know how you get on

Dougie
Old Sep 21st 2008, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

jamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nicejamieffi is just really nice

Just go for it fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We filled in an on line application just to see how many points we could get,with no intention of going! We passed with flying colours, next thing you know we got our visas ready to go! Mega buzz! Going to cairns! You only live once, what ya got to lose!
Old Sep 22nd 2008, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

thanks again guys.

now the panic starts trying to revise + remember stuff