Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Self Employment Stat Dec .....help me!

Self Employment Stat Dec .....help me!

Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:08 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Self Employment Stat Dec .....help me!

OH HATESpaperwork with a passion so I am going to need all the help I can get.

Steve'o I have butchered your take on the job and your version of the references - thank you ever so much

and now i am starting the self employent thing, where he has to explain what he has to do for his job.

apart from stating the obvious things like turning off the power and fault finding with a multi meter.

So far i have described testing and inspection installations and the checklist that accompanies it, certification of test results all the guide lines to that and 2 of the certificates he produced while self employed and the insepction checklist, lights, sockets and enclosures and all the stuff to go with that.

i have also made a list off all the books he used to refence with whilst on the job.

can anyone think of anything else? please?

thanks

hayley
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Self Employment Stat Dec .....help me!

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky

Steve'o I have butchered your take on the job and your version of the references - thank you ever so much

and now i am starting the self employent thing, where he has to explain what he has to do for his job.

apart from stating the obvious things like turning off the power and fault finding with a multi meter.

So far i have described testing and inspection installations and the checklist that accompanies it, certification of test results all the guide lines to that and 2 of the certificates he produced while self employed and the insepction checklist, lights, sockets and enclosures and all the stuff to go with that.

i have also made a list off all the books he used to refence with whilst on the job.

thanks

hayley
Hi Hayley,

It seems that us wives/girlfriends are all in the same boat!

I am doing all the paperwork for my OH and yet I know nothing about being a sparky! Funny that....

My OH is now an employed sparks but used to be a self employed sparks on the CIS scheme. I have included the following as evidence:

A list of all tooling he has ever used. If that means you have to pick up a catalogue and just list them all,then so be it. That's what we did.

A reference for the time he was self employed and employed both with the same company. So it covers a span of just under 3 years. I typed this myself and just got them to sign it for us.

A copy of OH CV detailing specifics about the types of jobs he has undertaken since his career began in 2001.

A statutory declaration stating how the CIS scheme worked, including copies of Tax forms and slips, invoices, PL insurance certificate etc. I have also put bits from his CV and reference's in there so that is is "sworn" testimony. Our Statutory Declaration includes copies of all certificates from college, Syllabuses followed, books used, his college report, site diaries, copy of his CIS card and any other trade cards etc.

A list of all the books he uses and their ISBN numbers

A job decription, again written by me but signed but his work.

A few photo's of him onsite with a description of what he is doing.

I also listed things like 1.5 mm twin and earth PVC and 2.5mm twin and earth PVC and FP200 cabling for fire alarms etc. to show the types of materials he works with.

The Australian's want us to show that we are able to select the correct tools and materials by ourselves, able to work unsupervised, undertake the same sorts of tasks that their electricians do and that we follow all safety guidelines and can also fill in all the required paper work for H&S, Inspecting & Testing, Site diaries, site inductions etc....

All in all I think we are sending 23 items to VETASSESS. (1 item is the Statutory Dec, another is his certificates, another is his tax record and so on)

It's all very daunting so I hope this helps.

If there is anything else feel free to PM me!

Last edited by Janna and Nick; Mar 17th 2008 at 3:39 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 3:45 pm

thanks for that!

now kill me!

will be doing this for a loooonngnggg time i think.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

rainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nicerainyandtom is just really nice

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hi Hayley,

It seems that us wives/girlfriends are all in the same boat!

I am doing all the paperwork for my OH and yet I know nothing about being a sparky! Funny that....

My OH is now an employed sparks but used to be a self employed sparks on the CIS scheme. I have included the following as evidence:

A list of all tooling he has ever used. If that means you have to pick up a catalogue and just list them all,then so be it. That's what we did.

A reference for the time he was self employed and employed both with the same company. So it covers a span of just under 3 years. I typed this myself and just got them to sign it for us.

A copy of OH CV detailing specifics about the types of jobs he has undertaken since his career began in 2001.

A statutory declaration stating how the CIS scheme worked, including copies of Tax forms and slips, invoices, PL insurance certificate etc. I have also put bits from his CV and reference's in there so that is is "sworn" testimony. Our Statutory Declaration includes copies of all certificates from college, Syllabuses followed, books used, his college report, site diaries, copy of his CIS card and any other trade cards etc.

A list of all the books he uses and their ISBN numbers

A job decription, again written by me but signed but his work.

A few photo's of him onsite with a description of what he is doing.

I also listed things like 1.5 mm twin and earth PVC and 2.5mm twin and earth PVC and FP200 cabling for fire alarms etc. to show the types of materials he works with.

The Australian's want us to show that we are able to select the correct tools and materials by ourselves, able to work unsupervised, undertake the same sorts of tasks that their electricians do and that we follow all safety guidelines and can also fill in all the required paper work for H&S, Inspecting & Testing, Site diaries, site inductions etc....

All in all I think we are sending 23 items to VETASSESS. (1 item is the Statutory Dec, another is his certificates, another is his tax record and so on)

It's all very daunting so I hope this helps.

If there is anything else feel free to PM me!
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, kill me too, im now the paperwork queen hope we can get all that done, it sounds like you have done an amazing job!!- what would they do without us!!
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

thanks for that!

now kill me!

will be doing this for a loooonngnggg time i think.
I would if I could - kill you that is. However, we started gathering all the paper work bits and pieces and getting all the research done around the end of Jan 2008 and we are so very nearly there with everything. Just waiting on the last signed bit from OH's work.

It will all be worth it in the end and if you have any question feel free to ask! It does help when you can use bits and bobs other people have used.

Good Luck!

xx
Old Mar 17th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rainyandtom
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, kill me too, im now the paperwork queen hope we can get all that done, it sounds like you have done an amazing job!!- what would they do without us!!
Hi Rainy, Fingers crossed we have everything. I have scoured every nook and cranny of this earth to find out what we need to send to be succesful! Hopefully we'll be on the July practicals too. Maybe if Tom and Nick get on the same day they can make friends!

I read your PM and will reply properly when I get the chance which will be tomorrow.

Speak to you then!

xx
Old Mar 20th 2008, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

hayley,

I dont know how old your OH is but I visited the expo in london on saturday and spoke to the Vettasses rep about my CIS past. He told me as long as I have my certificates and latest references not to worry about myy cis/sc60 past. He told me to complete a stat dec and send that with my application. He even said quote' you could even lie because if I was not a spark I would get caught out at the practical'.

chris.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
hayley,

I dont know how old your OH is but I visited the expo in london on saturday and spoke to the Vettasses rep about my CIS past. He told me as long as I have my certificates and latest references not to worry about myy cis/sc60 past. He told me to complete a stat dec and send that with my application. He even said quote' you could even lie because if I was not a spark I would get caught out at the practical'.

chris.
would love to know where he is so I could avoid him.

if you read the original post it IS the stat dec I'm talking about. We are not worring about anything that has to do with his job because we are not going to lie about anything. I'm doing what our agent told me to do and if he said (and the aus side for that matter) to write everything down than that is what i am going to do.

Age has nothing to do with it, it the fact that he was self employed over a year ago is the reason why they want a stat dec. We didnt have an accountant as we self-cert which is why i have to explain about the cis stuff. To not worry about it now would be a waste of time, and time is not something i can afford to waste.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

alison stevens is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks

hayley
OMG we are going to expo in leeds 5th/6th april. My OH self employed electrician for past 7 years or more (he has 20+years experience a electrician). I didnt realise there is soooooo much paperwork-my OH allergic to it as well as yours! I dont know if we be able to pull it off as he is 45 in October, but will go to expo n see how it goes. The more we think/talk about it the more we wanna go for it-Here's hoping! here are you thinking of settling in Oz. I liked perth now I like Queensland Hervey Bay area but willing to try anywhere we can get jobs. Please keep me posted where u up to with your visa application. Cheers!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by alison stevens
OMG we are going to expo in leeds 5th/6th april. My OH self employed electrician for past 7 years or more (he has 20+years experience a electrician). I didnt realise there is soooooo much paperwork-my OH allergic to it as well as yours! I dont know if we be able to pull it off as he is 45 in October, but will go to expo n see how it goes. The more we think/talk about it the more we wanna go for it-Here's hoping! here are you thinking of settling in Oz. I liked perth now I like Queensland Hervey Bay area but willing to try anywhere we can get jobs. Please keep me posted where u up to with your visa application. Cheers!
make a start on the paperwork today/tomorrow. i have PM'd you.

i will help with everythng i can, even send you copies of what i have done so you have an idea of what to put down if you need them.

there are loads on here who will help. I'm on here almost everyday at some time or another so just give me shout whenever you need me.

wendy and steve 'o are absolute diamonds and are a great at this.

if i were you i would make 4 copies of everything to get you started - passport bio pages, all his certificates, insurances, licences, JIB card, health and saftey (if he has them), divorce and marriage certificates, birth certificates.

let me now when you have done that. If you get an agent (personally i would recommend it looking at your timescale) they will help you out, no end. but it can be done by yourself if you want to save a few bob.

good luck hun. xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

hayley,

I have only told you what the rep from vetessass told me. I will not be lying or expect you to either, I think he was just telling me not to worry about so much as I have my certs and 20yrs experiance. I have 2 different stat decs if you require them.

1. is an austrailian version (word doc)
2. created by myself (word doc)
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Hayley and Rainy

Just thought I would let you know that we have submitted our Vetassess application. It went by courier on Friday (18th April). Now the wait begins..... arghhhhhhh!

How are you two coming along with yours?
Old Apr 20th 2008, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Hi Hayley and Rainy

Just thought I would let you know that we have submitted our Vetassess application. It went by courier on Friday (18th April). Now the wait begins..... arghhhhhhh!

How are you two coming along with yours?
Dont ask.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good..... Anything I can do to help???
Old Oct 24th 2008, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

jsrigby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cjgoodall
hayley,

I have only told you what the rep from vetessass told me. I will not be lying or expect you to either, I think he was just telling me not to worry about so much as I have my certs and 20yrs experiance. I have 2 different stat decs if you require them.

1. is an austrailian version (word doc)
2. created by myself (word doc)
Hi Chris
Jason, sparky from Gloucester in process of Vetassess application.
Would be great if you could forward copy of stat decs as I am soon to submit reassessment as I was unsuccessful at Ist attempt due to lack of evidence.
Any other tips would be good to know.
Regards Jason