Safe isolation vetassess

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road
Default Safe isolation vetassess

On the vetassess disconnection process

Can someone tell me the way they did this on the day I am abit confused when it say fail if previuos test is de energised??

panicking prob for nothing but like to be sure
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice
Default Re: Safe isolation vetassess

'The appliance conductors must also be tested LIVE by testing between all conductors. This includes the protecting earthing conductor'

'Test Voltage Tester for correct operation on known LIVE source after using it (Fail only occurs when previous test indicated terminals/conductors were de-energised)'

This is before you isolate the supply, so I think what they mean is if there's no voltage at the appliance when the supply is live, then the appliance is faulty and fails. Just remember to test the voltage tester on a known supply each time you use it (before and after).
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for response surely opening spur or applaince isn't safe
but there isn't anyway of checking otherwise it's live to start with ?

I assume that I can open spur to check for voltage then safely disconnect it?

Doing test tomorrow pretty sure of everything else but this bit confuse me
I don't want to fail on it
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Lou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really niceLou_Diamond_Phillips is just really nice

I know, I'd isolate something first before opening it up, but that is the order they give you the instructions on the disconnection process. I can't remember exactly what I did on my assessment. The examiner is with you as you do it though, so just talk it through with them. I think they might tell you to open the spur (I think it might just be a conduit through box with connectors) so you can test it. Sorry my memory isn't a bit clearer.

Best of luck tomorrow, let us know how you get on