Sa to qld licence

Old Feb 10th 2011, 3:32 am
Just Joined

Sparkyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sa to qld licence

Hi to all,

I am from WA and have the Artc as an Electrical fitter, have the SA electrical licence "can perform any electrical work" Done the training and exam in South Australia and have the Western Australia electrical licence “full licence one”, but to keep it I need to sit for an exam that nobody passed it in the past or resign from the licence and do another exam which will certify me as a E fitter and then do the 12 months apprenticeship to get the E mechanic. This is because from TRA I have been recognized as an Electrical Fitter and have a SA ticket.
I would like to move to another state, but seeing all these threads I am aware that there are issues with other states too.
Are you aware of which states are not giving trouble in recognizing the SA electrical licence straight away?
Thanks .
Old Feb 10th 2011, 8:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sparkyboy
Hi to all,

I am from WA and have the Artc as an Electrical fitter, have the SA electrical licence "can perform any electrical work" Done the training and exam in South Australia and have the Western Australia electrical licence “full licence one”, but to keep it I need to sit for an exam that nobody passed it in the past or resign from the licence and do another exam which will certify me as a E fitter and then do the 12 months apprenticeship to get the E mechanic. This is because from TRA I have been recognized as an Electrical Fitter and have a SA ticket.
I would like to move to another state, but seeing all these threads I am aware that there are issues with other states too.
Are you aware of which states are not giving trouble in recognizing the SA electrical licence straight away?
Thanks .
South Australia!
Old Feb 14th 2011, 3:14 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Wendy
South Australia!
Thanks Wendy, so even NSW and Victoria are doing the same? Cause when I called the Victorian one, they told me that they now nothing about this procedure.
Thanks
Old Feb 14th 2011, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sparkyboy
Thanks Wendy, so even NSW and Victoria are doing the same? Cause when I called the Victorian one, they told me that they now nothing about this procedure.
Thanks
If you want to transfer to another state then I would just fill in the relevant state's mutual recognition application form. It seems that matters are complicated when a dialogue starts taking place.
In my experience of dealing with large organisations it seems that I get a more considered and accurate response via email. This ,I think ,is because when you make a phone call an immediate response is required. An email can be responded to after the person has been able to digest the info or consult someone who knows. Granted, sometimes I don't get a response but this is usually remedied by repeated sending.
Also, keep it simple. Just state that you have a SA and WA licence. I wouldn't go into details about ARTC , graded as electrical fitter etc. It will probably just confuse some office junior or give a field day for some jumped up jobsworth.
regards Derren
Old Feb 15th 2011, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derren7
If you want to transfer to another state then I would just fill in the relevant state's mutual recognition application form. It seems that matters are complicated when a dialogue starts taking place.
In my experience of dealing with large organisations it seems that I get a more considered and accurate response via email. This ,I think ,is because when you make a phone call an immediate response is required. An email can be responded to after the person has been able to digest the info or consult someone who knows. Granted, sometimes I don't get a response but this is usually remedied by repeated sending.
Also, keep it simple. Just state that you have a SA and WA licence. I wouldn't go into details about ARTC , graded as electrical fitter etc. It will probably just confuse some office junior or give a field day for some jumped up jobsworth.
regards Derren
Tks Darren