Sa to qld licence

Old Dec 2nd 2010, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future
Default Sa to qld licence

Hi

Sa licence finally arrived 2 days ago. Just read posts about qld refusing to issue new licence. What is the next step. Can I convert licence online or do I have to go to Brisbane?

Thanks for any help.
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Frazer56754 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sa to qld licence

Ive heard a few different things. For a definitive answer I would email the SA and the QLD departments that issue the license. Im doing my license WA so not really sure.
http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/authorities.aspx
Old Dec 4th 2010, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a post I prepared earlier

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...33#post9018533

should answer your question
Old Jan 11th 2011, 12:58 am
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i was just wondering have you managed to get a Qld licence yet. I'm currently doing the PEER course. I know it is a bit more involved and expensive than previous years im assuming this is so it will be thought in higher reguard, elsewhere in Australia.
The way i'm going i should be through the workbook in another week or 2 getting so much conflicting advice here.
Old Jan 11th 2011, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

I have my WA electricians license but when i tried to change it for a Qld license they said i could'nt.
They said i have to do another course which would take 6 months and cost $2000.
So i can no longer work as an electrician in Qld and i have been a sparky for 28 years.
Greg
Old Jan 13th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Which course have they ask for you to attain.

Regards

Kevin
Old Jan 13th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

greg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nicegreg123 is just really nice

They said I need to get the qualification electrotechnology electrician.
Greg
Old Jan 13th 2011, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by greg123
They said I need to get the qualification electrotechnology electrician.
Greg
Hi Greg,
I thought it would be a case of filling in some forms and showing your WA licence. Did they ask to see more than this?
Also, Queensland firms can still legally employ you on a WA licence, can't they? Hope you get it sorted .
Regards Derren
Old Jan 14th 2011, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

Derren,
Yes they wanted proof of this Australian qualification.
I can still work as an electrician in Qld with my WA license but all firms want you to have a Qld license.
So at the moment i'm having problems
Greg
Old Jan 14th 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have rellies in victoria who called today to say queensland desperate for sparks.
I think i'll complete my PEER course but as soon as i'm nearly through the folder i'll go for a queensland restricted licence, while waiting to go to Adalaide. And then just start calling all the friends and family here who say they know plenty of people in the trade.
Glad i have the support of a working wife to carry me through this process.
Old Jan 20th 2011, 2:24 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

I hold a WA license and there is no issue with Qld licensing board.
I also obtained a Qld contractors license with a WA license.

Only this week i brought 5 electricians into Brisbane to assist with the testing and inspection of properties in-order that Energex can reconnect electrical supplies to domestic properties. All work is been done voluntary
The Electricians were from
Tasmania
Victoria
WA

They also hold CPR and switchboard recovery certificates, Qld licensing board had no issue's with any of their qualifications.
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:17 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greg123
I have my WA electricians license but when i tried to change it for a Qld license they said i could'nt.
They said i have to do another course which would take 6 months and cost $2000.
So i can no longer work as an electrician in Qld and i have been a sparky for 28 years.
Greg
was that via an actual appication or a phone call?
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
was that via an actual appication or a phone call?
That would make a lot of sense. On the application form it makes no mention of submitting anything other than copies of equivalent licence, CPR and 100 points of ID.
If you really need to talk to these people you gonna have to disguise your pommie accent!
Old Jan 31st 2011, 2:30 am
Just Joined

toonarmy1892 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi guys i hope you can help me!!!!!

im currently living in brisbane on a working holiday visa, i have an electrical work permit and im currently working as a trade assistant for an electrical firm in brisbane, i need to get my qld liscence but dont really fancy going to TAFE and studying for 6 months or so before sitting my exam. is it possible to go with peer veet in adilade? could i get the books sent to qld and revise from home then when im ready fly over to aderlaide and sit my exam?..then recieve my sa liscence....?! can it be converted to a qld licencse?

thanks guys
andrew
Old Jan 31st 2011, 4:35 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toonarmy1892
hi guys i hope you can help me!!!!!

im currently living in brisbane on a working holiday visa, i have an electrical work permit and im currently working as a trade assistant for an electrical firm in brisbane, i need to get my qld liscence but dont really fancy going to TAFE and studying for 6 months or so before sitting my exam. is it possible to go with peer veet in adilade? could i get the books sent to qld and revise from home then when im ready fly over to aderlaide and sit my exam?..then recieve my sa liscence....?! can it be converted to a qld licencse?

thanks guys
andrew
if your already working as a TA speak to chris at qet his course is via home learning so you sit the exam when your ready
as your already working you shouldnt have any problem getting your log book filled in

regards steve

link for qet ( qet are based in brissie )
http://www.qet.edu.au/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.