Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

SA to QLD contractors license

SA to QLD contractors license

Old Jul 12th 2013, 8:51 am
Just Joined

straussmouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SA to QLD contractors license

Hi fellas,

I have an SA contractors license and need to swap it to QLD upon relocating there... Anyone see any problems?

I did vetassess and have an ARTC.

Been working in SA for 3.5 years as an electrician / self employed contractor.

Cheers,
Straussy
Old Jul 12th 2013, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

quid81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SA to QLD contractors license

Hi Straussy
Good luck.
Queensland has 2 more books on top of SA The Electrical Safety Act and Electrical Safety regulation, These have both been revised in recent years.
If you contact licencing they will probably suggest gap training by way of a Certifitation and Verification course. This can be done online with exams supervised near or at home with the right wittness. There is also log a book to fill in, this has to be signed off by an existing Qld contractor..few

So unless you have a mate or come get a job here not easy.
But there may be other routes to get it.

Regards
Tony
Old Jul 13th 2013, 12:52 am
Just Joined

Hello mate,

Thanks for that....

Would that be the case for an apprenticed native Aussie sparks who wanted to move interstate or just "us"?

I see no reason to tell QLD licensing that I am an expat, did Vetassess, have an ARTC etc.... Wouldn't they just see me as a SA electrical worker / contractor who wants to have a QLD contractors license...
Old Jul 13th 2013, 4:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by straussmouse
Hello mate,

Thanks for that....

Would that be the case for an apprenticed native Aussie sparks who wanted to move interstate or just "us"?

I see no reason to tell QLD licensing that I am an expat, did Vetassess, have an ARTC etc.... Wouldn't they just see me as a SA electrical worker / contractor who wants to have a QLD contractors license...
Anyone moving State has to satisfy the requirements for that State, Aussie or Expat.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 8:05 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by straussmouse
Hi fellas,

I have an SA contractors license and need to swap it to QLD upon relocating there... Anyone see any problems?

I did vetassess and have an ARTC.

Been working in SA for 3.5 years as an electrician / self employed contractor.

Cheers,
Straussy
shouldn't be a problem as you already have had both licenses for a while, newly licensed people coming to qld have fallen foul of the electrical safety office but legally they are obliged to issue licenses under the mutual recognition laws

electrical licence - interstate
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data...apprentice.pdf

helpful page re publications
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/fair-a...d-publications

contractors
http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/__data...or-licence.pdf

i have a mate you struggled getting his qld license so he first swapped hi sa one for a nsw licnce and then applied and got a qld one too
seems like a lot a messing about but worked for him and as we are so close to the border in the go;d coast it can be helpful for when working in nsw

Last edited by steve`o; Jul 13th 2013 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jul 13th 2013, 8:18 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Anyone moving State has to satisfy the requirements for that State, Aussie or Expat.
the other thing once you have one dont let it lapse or they make you do the whole contractors course again, regardless of your experience etc
Old Jul 14th 2013, 8:03 am
Just Joined

I see, thanks for the replies all