Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Is a SA Licence (PEERS) valid in WA ??

Is a SA Licence (PEERS) valid in WA ??

Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice
Default Is a SA Licence (PEERS) valid in WA ??

Hello. We are in Perth and my OH is just in the nightmare and long winded process of obtaining his ARTC and A Grade Licence. We've been told that the nearest TAFE to us is Freemantle (approx 50 mins away) and that he'd have to attend 2 nights a week for approx 12 weeks. Saying that, he can't even get on the course until approx April. The lady said that they have 52 on the waiting list and only hold 10 per class !!!
As many of you will know, reading similar tales on this forum, we have to eat and pay for a roof above our heads while working our way through this ridiculous beaurocracy.
We've been reading about the PEERS course in Adelaide and wondered if anyone from Perth has attended this course? Does anyone know if the SA licence is valid as a WA Licence. I've noticed job advertisements state "must hold a valid WA Licence". Would a SA Licence be accepted do you know?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

andywilson19 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is a SA Licence (PEERS) valid in WA ??

an sa licence is not valid in wa you have to get you sa licence then you ca transfer it or apply for a wa licence i was going to have to do this when my company got a job in perth
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

Thanks for your reply.

Anyone know how easy/difficult it is to transfer the Licence over? Or is it just easier to go through the whole rigmarole of the TAFE?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Thanks for your reply.

Anyone know how easy/difficult it is to transfer the Licence over? Or is it just easier to go through the whole rigmarole of the TAFE?

You just apply under mutual recognition. Info here: http://www.licencerecognition.gov.au/LRSearch.aspx

WA Form here: http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/Energy.../Form_R064.pdf

Costs you two licence fees, but the PEER course will be all done and dusted by April so it will save you about 6 months all up.

Contact PEER and they will send the course work interstate www.peer.com.au and then he'll just need to come to Adelaide for the exam - about 3 days should cover it all.

He'll need to bring: ARTC cert, ID and take along his exam pass certificate and the OCBA will send the licence to you in WA - takes about a week to 10 days to get to you.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

bujji_optics is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

If you want to complete your course in Perth you need to waite and attend more classes, instead of that, book a peer course which is 2 days in a week lasts in 3 weeks, sit for exam, then apply for License at OCBA SA, it can be transfered to any state under Mutual Recognition with the appropriate fee.
Currently i am at peer doing my course.

Regards
NS
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for all your replies. Very helpful.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:05 am
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bujji_optics
Hi,

If you want to complete your course in Perth you need to waite and attend more classes, instead of that, book a peer course which is 2 days in a week lasts in 3 weeks, sit for exam, then apply for License at OCBA SA, it can be transfered to any state under Mutual Recognition with the appropriate fee.
Currently i am at peer doing my course.

Regards
NS
Or if its easier i think you can do the PEER course via distance learning like many Engish sparks have done while still in England and just rock up in Adiladie for the one day exam once you have of course completed the course in you back garden and pre booked the exam and get all the paper work done the same / next day and dont need to be away from home / work for 3-4 weeks in digss costing even more $$

have a look throuh this thread

HTH

Dougie
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

bujji_optics is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it can be done via correspondence also, if you are confident,
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:06 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bujji_optics
Yes, it can be done via correspondence also, if you are confident,
its not difficult guys do it via correspendance and go down for the exam
they will ask you to come for 3 days they will go through stuff ( revise ) prior to the exam which will be taken on the 2nd or 3rd day depending on your progress in revsion

regards steve

Last edited by steve`o; Jan 21st 2009 at 7:30 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
its not difficult guys do it via correspendance and go down for the exam
they will ask you to come for 3 days they will go through stuff ( revise ) prior to theeam which will be takemn on the2nd or 3rd day fepending on your progress in revsion

regards steve

Have you noticed Peer have a new website? They must have got a web designer to do it for them - probably out of all the extra profits they are getting with us referring everyone to them

It's a lot better
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:04 am
Just Joined

dermmy1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi is thisn south austrakia licence still valid for queensland as well as im just in the process of trying to sort this out? can you still do this if you have done it thought vetassess?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:58 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dermmy1981
hi is thisn south austrakia licence still valid for queensland as well as im just in the process of trying to sort this out? can you still do this if you have done it thought vetassess?
no your best bet is to contact chris at QET

http://www.qet.edu.au/

regards steve
Old Mar 13th 2009, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Angel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really niceAngel0 is just really nice

Hi Steve

I have gone through chris at QET as this was the best option at the time but the only problem i have is that i can not get any work to allow me to complete my log book. Is going to SA Peers my only option to get a full licence. I have got my Artc and QLD Permit.
Tony
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ShoreyM
Hello. We are in Perth and my OH is just in the nightmare and long winded process of obtaining his ARTC and A Grade Licence. We've been told that the nearest TAFE to us is Freemantle (approx 50 mins away) and that he'd have to attend 2 nights a week for approx 12 weeks. Saying that, he can't even get on the course until approx April. The lady said that they have 52 on the waiting list and only hold 10 per class !!!
As many of you will know, reading similar tales on this forum, we have to eat and pay for a roof above our heads while working our way through this ridiculous beaurocracy.
We've been reading about the PEERS course in Adelaide and wondered if anyone from Perth has attended this course? Does anyone know if the SA licence is valid as a WA Licence. I've noticed job advertisements state "must hold a valid WA Licence". Would a SA Licence be accepted do you know?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
There is two issues here
One he needs to obtain his ARTC prior to obtaining his WA license, di your husband migrate as a electrician if so Why is he having a hard time obtaining his ARTC?
Second once you get the ARTC just contact a TAFE. Freemantle or Balga allow you to sit the exam if you hold an ARTC, if you pass this you can sit the short theory exam. Buy the regs book and study
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Angel0
Hi Steve

I have gone through chris at QET as this was the best option at the time but the only problem i have is that i can not get any work to allow me to complete my log book. Is going to SA Peers my only option to get a full licence. I have got my Artc and QLD Permit.
Tony
We are on the sunshine coast , my Oh had the same problem so we did the Peers course got a job 2 weeks later, it is the way to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.