Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

restricted licence and saftey card

restricted licence and saftey card

Old May 21st 2009, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice
Default restricted licence and saftey card

So i know I have to get the books from peer s/a, study them and then sit the exams for my A class. (ARTC EM in the bag) I wont be applying to peer until I arrive in melbourne. In the mean time while im in melbourne studying these books and awaiting my A class licence I will be looking for labouring or electrical TA work (as rumour has it i wont get sparkie work without my A class). I guess im going to need some sort of restricted Licence for this work aswell. Any help would be great on where and how to apply and also where in melbourne around st kilda can I do a construction saftey course to be allowed onto sites? I have tried google
Thanks again lads for your help with this, I would of been lost with out your help on other topics so far.
Old May 22nd 2009, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: restricted licence and saftey card

Hello All,

There is no need to get a license for being a T.A., if you plan to go the peer route then don't tip your hand by applying to any of the electrical boards, wait until peer is complete then use the recognition route.

Regards

Kevin
Old May 22nd 2009, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

paulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nicepaulg1770 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,
if you plan to go the peer route then don't tip your hand by applying to any of the electrical boards, wait until peer is complete then use the recognition route.

Regards

Kevin
i dont understand
Old May 22nd 2009, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

What i mean is that if you apply for a restricted licence in any state, then you must carryout that states courses and examinations to obtain your full licence. if you apply for the Peer course and pass the AS/NZ 3000:2007 rules, you then obtain a full SA electrical licence, you then apply to the state of your choice for mutual recognition, this means a transfer of this licence without having to do 12 months of log book training and constant monitoring of your working standards.

A trade assistant job does not require a licence of any description.

Hope this is a better explanation

Regards

Kevin
Old May 22nd 2009, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,

What i mean is that if you apply for a restricted licence in any state, then you must carryout that states courses and examinations to obtain your full licence. if you apply for the Peer course and pass the AS/NZ 3000:2007 rules, you then obtain a full SA electrical licence, you then apply to the state of your choice for mutual recognition, this means a transfer of this licence without having to do 12 months of log book training and constant monitoring of your working standards.

A trade assistant job does not require a licence of any description.

Hope this is a better explanation

Regards

Kevin
I get it, very good info, thank you
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

is there anywhere does this Red Card Course cheaper? http://www.startnextweek.com.au/cour...23/Distance-10

Its a bit pricey dont you think for a one day course