Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

requirements and log book qld

requirements and log book qld

Old Oct 26th 2011, 7:14 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default requirements and log book qld

current info from QET a private RTO ( registerd training organisation ) based in brisbane qld
Attached Files
File Type: doc
qet elec mech letter.doc (972.0 KB, 189 views)
Old Oct 29th 2011, 1:31 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: requirements and log book qld

Am i reading this right that they expect it to take at least six months or is it that if you do the studying you will be ready by six months if not sooner?

I'm planning on calling chris on Monday but will an electrical mechanic ARTC be ok for entry onto this path?

Cheers
Old Oct 29th 2011, 3:35 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rinkerdink View Post
Am i reading this right that they expect it to take at least six months or is it that if you do the studying you will be ready by six months if not sooner?

I'm planning on calling chris on Monday but will an electrical mechanic ARTC be ok for entry onto this path?

Cheers
dont hold me to this but i feel it would be quicker, ask chris and the six month was as i understood it a max, i reccon if youve not got the hang of the"aussie" way of doing things six months down the line its time to give up
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Cheers
Originally Posted by steve`o View Post
dont hold me to this but i feel it would be quicker, ask chris and the six month was as i understood it a max, i reccon if youve not got the hang of the"aussie" way of doing things six months down the line its time to give up
When I emailed Chris at QET, he spoke of a 3 month time frame to get fully licenced, as a holder of an ARTC. It does state on www.qet.edu.au that if you have an OTSR, then the assessment procedure is more involved and costs more than for ARTC holders.
Regards Derren
Old Oct 29th 2011, 7:51 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys within three months was what i was hoping for, surprised it's quicker and less involved with an artc! They obviously don't think much of the vetassess assessment process. Will call Chris Monday and post what i glean from the conversation on here.
Old Oct 29th 2011, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Thanks guys within three months was what i was hoping for, surprised it's quicker and less involved with an artc! They obviously don't think much of the vetassess assessment process. Will call Chris Monday and post what i glean from the conversation on here.
Hi rinkerdink,
Hope your excursion is going well, if you're still over there and I'd be interested to hear what your impressions of Brisbane are, as that is we are heading to, and we're looking at the North western suburbs ie Ferny hills, Everton Park, Arana Hills etc I went to Brisbane for a day on my WHV about 12 years ago, just to get a feather in my cap. We've decided to migrate to Brisbane because we have a circle of friends already there, and because of the climate. We have to do a validation trip in January because we are having some difficulty in selling our house, so your experiences would be appreciated although, I can appreciate that one man's poison is another man's medicine/
Regards Derren
Old Oct 30th 2011, 9:55 pm
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

Originally Posted by derren7 View Post
Hi rinkerdink,
Hope your excursion is going well, if you're still over there and I'd be interested to hear what your impressions of Brisbane are, as that is we are heading to, and we're looking at the North western suburbs ie Ferny hills, Everton Park, Arana Hills etc I went to Brisbane for a day on my WHV about 12 years ago, just to get a feather in my cap. We've decided to migrate to Brisbane because we have a circle of friends already there, and because of the climate. We have to do a validation trip in January because we are having some difficulty in selling our house, so your experiences would be appreciated although, I can appreciate that one man's poison is another man's medicine/
Regards Derren
sending a PM in a bit