artc - what should i write?

Old Sep 4th 2011, 8:48 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default artc - what should i write?

having recieved a couple of personal emails asking the above i thought it might be time to go over this one again,

and as i`m lazy i`ve just copy and pasted my last emailed reply

the basis for a good artc or tra application is in getting certain key componants of your work experiance across on paper,

for example i would recommend that any information forwarded should follow the tra`s own description of an australian skilled worked

taken straight from the tra`s own website

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...Pages/faq.aspx

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?

You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the same range of work at the same level of skill as a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and/or testing work against established standards.

You must also demonstrate that you have sufficient theoretical or underpinning knowledge of the trade.

you need to show each of the above points into your work experiance and into your employers references
have a read of my attached apprentice, work experiance and a reference from one of my ex employers to give you an idea of what i mean

you will see that i have mentioned each point in my own words the same applies in the reference letter
i wrote that myself on the understanding that my ex employer would put it on their own headed paper providing that they agree with what was written
employers dont usually go into so much detail with a reference so it made sense to do it this way

hope the above helps

regards steve
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of
Default Re: artc - what should i write?

Hi all,
Well I've just been granted my ARTC for an electrical mechanic. Big thanks again to Steve O, Wendy, and Arthur a.ka. the_pom_from_aus, whose input over the years has been immense.
As I've had a few pm's myself on what to write and submit, I can now confidently throw into the mix examples of the employer references that I submitted to the TRA.
You can see from the employer references that I requested, that 1 maybe 2 pages is enough to convey your experience. I think you can over-egg the pudding somewhat if you start waffling on, and don't forget that the folks at the TRA, contrary to popular belief, are human too and must groan when they receive weighty applications , if not fall asleep reading them.

Hope this helps.
Regards Derren
Attached Files
File Type: doc
RJ Reference copy.doc (27.5 KB, 742 views)
INT.doc (48.5 KB, 616 views)
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Another question that often arises is 'how do I answer question 10 on the ARTC application form'?.
I've attached a copy my answer.
Again, hope this helps but don't copy it word for word, it will get noticed.
Regards Derrenartc description of work.doc
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

And here I've attached a couple of statutory declarations that I submitted in absence of employer references. One is for my apprenticeship and the other is for an agency I worked for.
Regards Derren
Attached Files
LBS Statutory Declaration.doc (35.0 KB, 883 views)
BMSL Statutory Declaration.doc (26.5 KB, 545 views)
Old Nov 5th 2011, 7:12 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

When i applied for mine. I basically reworded my original letter to the TRA.
Old Nov 25th 2011, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

Alanlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, thanks Derren for directing me. I am currently drawing up the vetassess paper assessment for the other half and by the looks and sounds of things the attachments included in the above post look like they are going to be really helpful.
Thanks everyone Lisa
Old Jan 30th 2012, 9:06 am
Just Joined

dollar_124 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 12 months Experience letter for ARTC Electrical Fitter

Originally Posted by steve`o
having recieved a couple of personal emails asking the above i thought it might be time to go over this one again,

and as i`m lazy i`ve just copy and pasted my last emailed reply

the basis for a good artc or tra application is in getting certain key componants of your work experiance across on paper,

for example i would recommend that any information forwarded should follow the tra`s own description of an australian skilled worked

taken straight from the tra`s own website

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...Pages/faq.aspx

What are tradespeople in Australia expected to be capable of?

You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the same range of work at the same level of skill as a tradesperson trained in Australia.

The work of a tradesperson includes:

reading work instructions and technical drawings common to the trade;
planning independently the method and order of doing a job;
using measuring instruments correctly;
marking out, laying out and setting up trade work;
selecting appropriate materials, tools, machines and equipment;
making appropriate settings on tools, machines and equipment;
performing trade work independently; and
checking and/or testing work against established standards.

You must also demonstrate that you have sufficient theoretical or underpinning knowledge of the trade.

you need to show each of the above points into your work experiance and into your employers references
have a read of my attached apprentice, work experiance and a reference from one of my ex employers to give you an idea of what i mean

you will see that i have mentioned each point in my own words the same applies in the reference letter
i wrote that myself on the understanding that my ex employer would put it on their own headed paper providing that they agree with what was written
employers dont usually go into so much detail with a reference so it made sense to do it this way

hope the above helps

regards steve
Hi Steve,
You are very helpful. I got ARTC as 'Electrical Fitter' 15 months before and I got 12 months experience in Electrical Installation work under A Grade Electrician in Victoria. (like wiring of Switchboard, cable making, Tray Preparation, Motor Wiring, VFD Installation and Programming, Sensors & Solenoid cabling in various projects in Robotic Packaging, Robotic Welding, Robotic Pick & Drop industry.) I called ESV; and they asked for Experience letter from Employer and I have to sit for LEA exam(SWP+LEP+LET).

But I don't have any sample of 'Experience letter' which could help me writing the letter quickly.

I don't know if someone have the same situation like me. If yes can you please send me the same..

Kudrot.
<snip>

Last edited by Sue; Jan 30th 2012 at 12:59 pm. Reason: Tel no removed for privacy. Not wise to post your tel no on a public forum
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:25 pm
Just Joined

dochisholm is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am new to the forum and having some difficulty. aswell as my qualifications from college e.t.c i have a JIB card and Elecsa like nic from when i had my own company the issue being i have lost the jib card and elecsa certificate as these arent proper courses just membership organisations should i bother including them in my application or is a fully qualified spark up to 17th edition enough proof thanks
Old Feb 8th 2012, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

dochisholm is an unknown quantity at this point

to clarify is it worth paying for replacements or will my my electrical qualifications be substantial
Old Feb 9th 2012, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

ilovespurs09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello people, I am in the process of doing my ARTC application. I am 24 years old and only worked for 1 employer since being qualified. I have got a reference from him and a short reference from another guy i worked with, will this be enough evidence?

Lee
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

EmmBerry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dochisholm
hi i am new to the forum and having some difficulty. aswell as my qualifications from college e.t.c i have a JIB card and Elecsa like nic from when i had my own company the issue being i have lost the jib card and elecsa certificate as these arent proper courses just membership organisations should i bother including them in my application or is a fully qualified spark up to 17th edition enough proof thanks
Hi There,

Section 7 of the application form requests "occupational licencing / registration" details. Personally I'd take that to mean JIB card as It has your grading on it doesn't it? I may be incorrect though.

Section 7 also requests your Issue date and valid until date, so unless you have yours recorded somewhere - you might need the card(s)?

It might be worth a look at the ARTC Applicant Guidelines to see if you need to send a certified copy or could instead just provide the detail requested on the application form?

Perhaps if you could provide the detail only on the application, you could gain this from an employers records or maybe the JIB would remind you of the membership number and validity?

We've just finished the ARTC statement (for my OH) ready to send off, and I'm going to be sending copies of his JIB card with everything... But his isn't missing.

Good Luck
Old Feb 14th 2012, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

EmmBerry is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ilovespurs09
Hello people, I am in the process of doing my ARTC application. I am 24 years old and only worked for 1 employer since being qualified. I have got a reference from him and a short reference from another guy i worked with, will this be enough evidence?

Lee
Hi Lee,

It sounds like those reference contacts would be sufficient based on your single employment, but I personally think the key will be the content within them.

There are some great examples attached to this forum courtesy of helpful posters. Get a feel from those and check your references are detailed enough to portray what you do and how you do it.

have you read the Applicant Guidelines to be sure you've covered all your bases?

http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...Guidelines.pdf

Regards,

EmmBerry
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:26 am
Just Joined

Alanlisa is an unknown quantity at this point

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC/DesireS/2.10.161.3 Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hi everyone, does anyone have any sample references from company's who u have worked for on a self employed basis.
I've completed all the rest of the paperwork for vet but as my husband ran his own company for a few years we need to supply some client references, I've basically said I'll write it, send it over and if they're happy with it they will put it on their paper and send it back but I am totally stuck what to write!
Old Mar 21st 2012, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi all,
Wow, lot's views on mine and Steve O"s examples for ARTC applications.
Was it helpful for you guys? My own application was based on the info Steve O provided so it would be interesting to hear from successfull applicants and wannabees to hear how you got on or are getting on.
Regards Derren
Old Apr 4th 2012, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

hogster is an unknown quantity at this point

Great thread going to use info from here as a guideline as filling in the artc form is daunting.

Will there be a huge difference in what im to send in as im from Ireland?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.