Re-train as Electrician

Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Re-train as Electrician

Originally Posted by minty01
By working on site like i said i held down two jobs but it was not a recognised apprenticship.

F*&k me your stupid.
All credit to you Minty, you did what you had to to change your occupation to a worthwile trade.
I don't think Jasonlec has done anything else since he left school and does'nt seem to appreciate how hard it is to retrain in later life.
Becoming an Electrician or any other trade is not the right of the school leaver but the right of anyone who has the attitude to go and do it, (and the money for the courses which is astronomical), not everyone made the right decision after leaving school, I sure didn't but I've worked my ass off since then to change that.

You just aint going to get him to change his mind or even be open to the possibilty that you don't have to do an apprenticeship to become a good tradesman and as previous posts show there's plenty who have done.
I will concede however that experience is essential and as someone said earlier nobody in their right mind can do a 6 week course and go straight out and know it all and the reason I'm where I am now is because I didn't do this, I got my experience first as I'm sure you and others did.

Right , rant over again!!!!
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Im glad i didnt do an aprenticship if they are all like him i wouldnt of lasted long. Jasonlec put the kettle on after you have finished sweeping up lad.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

jasonlec is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=minty01;7712919]By working on site like i said i held down two jobs but it was not a recognised apprenticship.

F*&k me your stupid.

Ok, I give in, this is like a game of bloody slag off tennis!

Good luck with your trade tests I hope you do well. You have had a lot of good advice on here, as I have also.
Big difference is I am not worried about having to lie about any time served and formal apprenticeship routes in the past. I dont give a shit about how many quals you got in 7 years, although a couple of serious ones are missing
You are fortunate to have been given good advice in many of your earlier posts/questions asked about vetts tests etc, ie dont lie about anything, prove your work history, etc.
All I asked is about re-train in Australia, do they do it? My opinion is its not for me.
Have you been for a vetts test? If not do as you are advised and dont lie when on the informal interview, if you have been and passed good onya.

Also, Stupid I am not, for one I dont list my quals on here as though they where a trophy & for another I had a good apprenticeship, just think on on about how many blokes you just ripped the piss out of, but then again you can learn from an idiot, sarcasm lowest form of wit, Its a battle of wits but you are totally defenceless, etc etc.

But seriously good luck on your application.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Application has gone in and no i havent lied as i have 7 years experience which is more than enough as told to me by some excellent advice on here.
In general this site has been fantastic but lets be honest here, you put this thread up to get a responce which i have gave you. You might not like my responce as i didnt like the fact that you put everyone that hasnt started from school as useles and bringing the trade down.
I will let you know when my vetassess has been passed.
And good luck to you too.
Old Jul 1st 2009, 9:03 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

**** me if you two were on one of my sites i`d bang your ****ing heads together or give you the option to take it out to the carpark

who really gives a shit how you learned the trade as long as you are qualified, know your stuff and your good at it?

weve all worked with time served sparkies who are excellent and some who i wouldnt trust to collect the morning brew bacon butties, and adult trainees
who are exactly the same good and bad ( the bad in both cases usually get away with it by been employed at large companies where they dont get noticed ) one good thing about the strictness of the vetts practical & theory exam is that it should weed out the wannabees and shonky operators

so put away your handbags shake hands and lets get on with helping each other out that is after all the idea of posting on here

regards steve
Old Jul 1st 2009, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve`o
**** me if you two were on one of my sites i`d bang your ****ing heads together or give you the option to take it out to the carpark

who really gives a shit how you learned the trade as long as you are qualified, know your stuff and your good at it?

weve all worked with time served sparkies who are excellent and some who i wouldnt trust to collect the morning brew bacon butties, and adult trainees
who are exactly the same good and bad ( the bad in both cases usually get away with it by been employed at large companies where they dont get noticed ) one good thing about the strictness of the vetts practical & theory exam is that it should weed out the wannabees and shonky operators

so put away your handbags shake hands and lets get on with helping each other out that is after all the idea of posting on here

regards steve
Fair one Steve!! Its just good to know that Jasonlec's opinion is hopefully a minority one!!
Old Jul 1st 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

steve`o;

well said mate its time somebody told people we are all here to assist, the ones that dont want to help people then i would say F**K Off to them

Art
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 3:53 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mags1972
Fair one Steve!! Its just good to know that Jasonlec's opinion is hopefully a minority one!!
let me just qualify that
i`m not taking sides,
they both both need realise that this forums here to help each other if you want a bitch fight f**k off into http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=67
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

Fair play its gone on for to long.
Old Jul 2nd 2009, 10:17 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o

regards steve
I have no problem what so ever working over / under anyone that is competent but In my personel experience's I can spot the time served against the not a mile off.

However I have just overlooked a very large Haz area job on site for a new customer (BP!) Long story short he got stiched for nealy a Million and has set a new company up next day !

Everyone here is lucky to have a job and my Motto is Put a days work in for a days money and if you are getting paid a sparks rate I expect a full days off you, we have a few lads that I feel will struggle now as there incompetence will become apparent now all eyes are on the non productive people there arse's are twitching big time !!

Originally Posted by mags1972
I dont think in the long run it would be mags, there is no alternative for experience IMO , but if the commitment was there then why should a new adult trainee get paid more than a 3rd year apprentice ?? alot more !

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
steve`o;

well said mate its time somebody told people we are all here t
o assist, the ones that dont want to help people then i would say F**K Off to them

Art
Art you and Steve are right in this sense and I agree totally

I am all for good quality workmanship and really dont care who does what on site but it has to be a full days work!! I have a few lads on site now that think they are Fkn footballers and they just turn up and get paid like appearence money !!

Good luck to you all on here and if I CAN help I WILL

Dougie
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Thats a good post Dougie and i agree wtth everythink you say. I have always stated it is qualifications and expereance required if people look back through my comments but how and what part in your life you get that experience changes from person to person.

This isnt just in our trade its in every trade and every profesion, you get people who have been doing the same thing for all of there life and can be useless or dont put the work in and you can get new people in who are hard working and willing to learn and that can speed up the learning process.
I am lucky in the fact that i was fortunate to be trained and shown the correct way by some very good electricians who even though i was 30 would not of excepted crap from me and in return with my own high standards i would not offer crap.

Like Steve o said, who really gives a shit how you learned the trade as long as you are qualified, know your stuff and your good at it?.

I think this sums it all up.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by minty01
Thats a good post Dougie and i agree wtth everythink you say. I have always stated it is qualifications and expereance required if people look back through my comments but how and what part in your life you get that experience changes from person to person.

This isnt just in our trade its in every trade and every profesion, you get people who have been doing the same thing for all of there life and can be useless or dont put the work in and you can get new people in who are hard working and willing to learn and that can speed up the learning process.
I am lucky in the fact that i was fortunate to be trained and shown the correct way by some very good electricians who even though i was 30 would not of excepted crap from me and in return with my own high standards i would not offer crap.

Like Steve o said, who really gives a shit how you learned the trade as long as you are qualified, know your stuff and your good at it?.

I think this sums it all up.
Couldn't agree more pal, to be honest I think we have more to lose by not being this way, thats the way I see it anyway, I never settle for second best in my work its just the way I am thats why I take comments so personal sometimes.
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
I have no problem what so ever working over / under anyone that is competent but In my personel experience's I can spot the time served against the not a mile off.

However I have just overlooked a very large Haz area job on site for a new customer (BP!) Long story short he got stiched for nealy a Million and has set a new company up next day !

Everyone here is lucky to have a job and my Motto is Put a days work in for a days money and if you are getting paid a sparks rate I expect a full days off you, we have a few lads that I feel will struggle now as there incompetence will become apparent now all eyes are on the non productive people there arse's are twitching big time !!

I dont think in the long run it would be mags, there is no alternative for experience IMO , but if the commitment was there then why should a new adult trainee get paid more than a 3rd year apprentice ?? alot more !

Art you and Steve are right in this sense and I agree totally

I am all for good quality workmanship and really dont care who does what on site but it has to be a full days work!! I have a few lads on site now that think they are Fkn footballers and they just turn up and get paid like appearence money !!

Good luck to you all on here and if I CAN help I WILL

Dougie http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/h...7/burnout1.gif
You heading down under soon dougie?
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:04 pm
Swollen Member

Dougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud ofDougie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasonlec
You heading down under soon dougie?
Hope so mate just got SS through for SA just gotta get me Visa app in ASAP but have a LOOKY HERE for my dilema

Think were just gonna bite the bullet and go straight for the visa app now tho

Dougie
Old Jul 3rd 2009, 6:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DOUGIE AN LOUISE
Hope so mate just got SS through for SA just gotta get me Visa app in ASAP but have a LOOKY HERE for my dilema

Think were just gonna bite the bullet and go straight for the visa app now tho

Dougie
Bugger! Have got Queensland ss, but its all gone tits work-wise, might switch to Victoria, bit of a dilema, but "who dares wins rodders!"
In your position, go for it man, its total pants here am surrounded by bengal lancers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.