British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Re State Sponsorship (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/re-state-sponsorship-600153/)

Davy Mar 26th 2009 11:02 pm

Re State Sponsorship

Hi Guys, Just to let you know most states have stopped taking nominations for trades for State Sponsorship. :frown:The only 2 left are N.T. and S.A.
S.A isn't taking applications after 31/03/09 at 1700 Australia time.
Get them in quick while you can.:thumbsup:

Davy.

Dougie Mar 27th 2009 8:23 am

Re: Re State Sponsorship

Louise has spotted this also so i am going to have a look through it this weekend but SA just never appealed to be before :confused:

And now if this is the only route in a figure that all the sparkies will be heading there for at least 2 years and thus flooding the state full of sparks with not enough jobs to go around ??

What you reckon?

But i suppose its better to be hot and skint than cold and skit !!

Dougie

Davy Mar 27th 2009 2:16 pm

I think your right. Hot and skint sounds better. Also from what I can gather state sponsorship is a Civil Agreement and not immigration law. So not that I would,but I think if you originally went to SA. Registered your arrival with the state, then who's to say where you would end up.
I mean if you were finding it difficult to get work etc I'm sure no-one would or could say anything.:eek:
:thumbsup:Davy:thumbsup:

rinkerdink Mar 27th 2009 5:43 pm

News to me, where have you found this info? I have my heart set on Queensland state sponsorship :-(

jonsparx Mar 28th 2009 12:07 am

Check for yourselves, but although NT and ACT have just amended there skills lists, general electrician and special class electrician are still on there.

Davy Mar 28th 2009 7:48 am

As I said N.T. is not changing, Don't know about,ACT,But SA is Removing most trades from it's lists 31/03/09. Too late for Qld unless they've already given a file no. :(
But as with all these changes they could change back at the drop of a hat.:thumbsup:Davy:thumbsup:

jonsparx Mar 28th 2009 9:35 am

Sorry if im being daft, but general and special class sparks are still on the updated Queensland skills list. Am I missing something?!!

Davy Mar 28th 2009 9:52 am

Tell you what, lodge your application and have it returned. I don't write their list, I'm just forwarding what I've been told.:thumbup:Davy:thumbup:

isr999 Mar 28th 2009 11:58 am

Morning Davy, who told you this ?? was it by e-mail or have you got a link to a site ??

regards Iain

rinkerdink Mar 28th 2009 4:10 pm

I've just checked the list

http://www.workliveplay.qld.gov.au/d...nt.cfm?id=3709

I think what Davy is saying is that they are not accepting any applications for now, regardless of whether the said occupation is on their list, this may look gloomy but you can look at how the predicted processing times for some applications have increased rapidly over the last few weeks as a possible indicator that they have been swamped following the changes to the CSL list.

Queensland may or may not decide to follow the CSL list changes with their own immigration policy but remember that the state sponsorship is decided by the state alone and is independent of central government (thats my understanding anyway). I am hoping they are taking time out to clear their decks before continuing with the existing list. Who knows what the economic climate will be like in 2 years? and for many that is the earliest they would be making the permanent move. The individual states have to take all this into consideration and will be actively trying to avoid knee jerk reactions that will exacerbate existing skills shortages in the mid to long term. In other words they would be in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water if they suddenly decided not to take any sparks here and now.

Another thing to consider is that Davy's agent may have a bit of inside info, many migration agents have worked for the dept of immigration in the past and in some cases for many years.

My fingers legs and a few other bits are crossed in the mean time.

Davy Mar 28th 2009 4:33 pm

Well said mate.:thumbup:Davy:thumbup:

Davy Mar 28th 2009 9:53 pm

:thumbsup:Hi Folks, Just found this on another site,apparently it was advertised in my local paper, Belfast Telegraph. http://www.australianstates.co.uk/
It's an advertisement relating to a seminar in April09 for migration to South Australia and is sponsored by S.A. gov.
Trades and construction workers are on their list. I don't know if this relates to state sponsorship though but it might be worth while finding out if it's coming to your local area.:thumbsup:Davy:thumbsup: