Quick TRA question

Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

lolandlisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick TRA question

Hi All,
We looked at emigrating to Oz back in 2006-2007 and got as far as sorting out my TRA as an electrician (dated Sept 2007) but personal issues have prevented us from moving forward since then.
Now trying to get the ball rolling again but first stumbling block is that a TRA/skills assessment is now only valid for two years but would this apply to mine as when I did it they didn't expire?
I kinda forgot how steep a learning curve this migration malarkey is
Cheers for looking
Lol
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:40 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick TRA question

Originally Posted by lolandlisa
Hi All,
We looked at emigrating to Oz back in 2006-2007 and got as far as sorting out my TRA as an electrician (dated Sept 2007) but personal issues have prevented us from moving forward since then.
Now trying to get the ball rolling again but first stumbling block is that a TRA/skills assessment is now only valid for two years but would this apply to mine as when I did it they didn't expire?
I kinda forgot how steep a learning curve this migration malarkey is
Cheers for looking
Lol
guess would be that you need to do a new assessment which will be OTSR with Vetassess, Vic Uni or Future Skills if you are from the UK (Vetassess still the most widely recognised)
Old Oct 25th 2014, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Bugger
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:10 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger
DIBP have also announced that skills assessments will only be valid for a ma x 3 years -

From 1 July 2014, if a skills assessment is mandatory as part of a visa application, that assessment will only be valid for a period of three years from the date of issue, unless a shorter validity period is specified on the assessment. See New validity requirements for skills assessments.
SkillSelect

Check Vetassess for what's required regarding the process - qualification and experience checks and practical / theory test
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:28 am
Forum Regular

I'm on vetassess website at the minute, it looks a lot more involved and expensive than the old tra route.
Evidence of apprenticeship, employment, qualifications etc. which should all still be in folder from last time although will need more references from recent employers.
Then have to go for a full days practical exam either in Lancashire or London and pay $2100 plus any other costs they want to add on for postage and paperwork.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 12:35 am

I'm on vetassess website at the minute, it looks a lot more involved and expensive than the old tra route.
Evidence of apprenticeship, employment, qualifications etc. which should all still be in folder from last time although will need more references from recent employers.
Then have to go for a full days practical exam either in Lancashire or London and pay $2100 plus any other costs they want to add on for postage and paperwork.
Sounds about right.

There's also the issue with licensing when arriving in Australia depending on which state you go to. All of them will only issue a supervised worker license until you complete gap training which varies with states.