Queensland Licensing

Old Jan 6th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice
Default Queensland Licensing

Hello All

Can anyone give me any info on obtaining a full Electrical Mechanics License in Queensland. I have passed my Vetassess as an General Electrician and have my OTSR, I have contacted Queensland Electrical Training and been on the Deir.gov website to get more info but as yet have heard nothing back from either regarding the matter. I applied for my 175 class in November so I would like to gather as much info as possible on the licensing process before I get my visa. For those heading for their trade tests in Febuary I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers Dave
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland Licensing

dave,

i believe the quickest way is to complete a peer course and then transfer your lincense, or you can go to your local TAFE and do a course at night after work
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

stixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nicestixblue is just really nice

Hi Chris

Not to sure I can go through PEER as I went down the Vetassess route not the ARTC, I'ts all a bit confusing to me.

Dave
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Hi buddy,
Got this e-mail from Queensland D.E.I.R., I'm in the same boat as you and hoping to head for south Brisbane around June/July time. If they send anything else I'll post it or P.M. you. I also e-mailed vetassess but I don't think they know whats going on. From what I've heard the PEER route is closed to us, but I have some relatives there trying to confirm this.Davy

DEPARTMENT OF EMPLOYMENT AND INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS
ABN 52 293 849 579
Workplace Health & Safety Queensland Infoline
Freecall: 1300 369 915 Phone: 07-32474711

Our Reference:

Date: 8 December 2008
To: Mr David Skimin

Dear Mr ,

Thank you for your email regarding electrical licencing in Queensland.

The steps to obtain an electrical licence for overseas trained electricians are as follows, if they have obtained their Vetassess Offshore Technical Skills Record:

When the client arrives in Australia they will follow the usual procedure for an overseas applicant – Form 11 Application – if application is approved a permit is issued
You can apply for the Electrical Licence by completing the application form (form 11). This application form is available at: http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/o...nce_form11.pdf The Guidelines attached to this form provided a detailed explanation of the application process and what information is required to be supplied by you.

If your application is successful you will be issue a permit to attend a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to complete any necessary training required. At the completion of your training the RTO will forward a Completion Statement to the Electrical Safety Office. Once this training is complete you can apply for the Electrical Work Licence by completing the application form (form 31). http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/pdf/eso/p...nce_form31.pdf
If a complete application is received within 6 months of the permit being issued you will not be required to pay the additional application fee.
For further information, please contact Infoline on the numbers above.

Yours faithfully

Information Services Officer
Information Registration and Licensing
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
Department of Employment and Industrial Relations

The most important reason for making your workplace safe, is not at work at all.

Work safe. Home safe.

For more information visit www.worksafe.qld.gov.au or telephone 1300 369 915
Old Jan 6th 2009, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Dave

Hope I wont be far behind you in the process. I've emailed them myself so I'll probably get the same response. Where are you heading off too and how's your visa application going?

Cheers Dave Gardner PS This Dave thing could get confusing!
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Davy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really niceDavy is just really nice

Hi Buddy,
We're going to South Brisbane. Hopefully in and around Daisy Hill or Shailer Park, my wife has family there,but it really depends on how much money we can spend. I was out before and had a bit of land lined up in a place called Corubia. I even had house plans drawn up but it fell through and we ended up coming back to U.K.[silly boy] Our visa application is completed with all the meds and checks and been lodged for 5 or 6 months, but still no C.O. Hopefully we'll get a bit of movement shortly with our trade going on the critical list. Davy
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Looking at South Brisbane ourselves possibly Redlands Bay. Wife's sister's family are also going through the visa process, guess what her hubby,s name is....... Yep Dave he's applying as a plumber/ gas fitter. Hopefully shouldnt be too long for you now then, our meds and police checks havent been done yet maybe next month. Keep in touch.

Dave
Old Jan 6th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Dave,
Redland Bay is great. There is also a nice spot called Labrador a couple of miles from Surfers.[Just out of walking distance for the druggies].
Absolutely beautiful beach and the best fish and chips in Australia.Davy.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

hey davy were from craigavon ,just applied in dec do you know any other areas slightly further north in that (corridor) as the estate agents call it between the g/coast and brisbane ?..bricklayer wife and to chillder
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I don't. Try google map or realestate.com.au
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

hannash is an unknown quantity at this point

i had a cousin moved north of brisbane 4 months ago near to mango hill. that name sounds class but we were thinking of south bris to be a bit closer to more beaches and water worlds theme parks but not vital it only adds on about 3 mins to the journey time from cousin
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

stixblue;

from info i have read on here mate by doing the Vatessess route you may have to do night school then keep a log book for 12 months of site work before you can then sit the A class exams, a nightmare mate i know but thats how its done

Now also consider this while your working on site you shall have the Restricted License until you get the A class license all your work shall have to be inspected with a person who has the A class, you wont be allowed to work alone on any 1 phase or 3 phase installs or maint work, so the problem now is getting a company to take you as a restricted holder + they wont pay you the same rate as a A class spark. 12 months keeping a log book + lower pay can be a killer.

hope im not putting you of at all i just thought you may want this info now instead of it dropping on you when you get here.

regards

Last edited by The_Pom_From_Aus; Jan 6th 2009 at 8:58 pm. Reason: typo
Old Jan 7th 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Arthur what are you doing, scarying everyone off, Steve'o put the queensland rules regarding supervision somewhere within this forum, if you read what it states, it does not require a person to be present where work is carried out, if that person is deemed to be competent in the work he is carrying out, a fourth year apprentice is regarded as time served, but does not hold a licence, yet he is not required to be supervised full time.

regards

Kevin S
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin S;
Kevis, im ever so sorry mate i dont intend to try to scare people, the only reason ive mentioned what i did is that a couple of blokes on here have actually said with the new system especially VATESSESS they must now do this bloody logbook & they said they would be restricted. But look mate if thats not the case then all the better for people, i sincerely hope people dont have to keep a log of work for any period of time, so once again please do forgive me.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:32 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Im in QLD and did my licence via correspondence. The peer route is still the best way to go and my mate i work with is just about to start it.
I found the correspondence way pretty painless and the log book that goes with it is nothing to worry about as its very basic. All you do is write the date and a couple of words on what you did that day, and i mean a couple of words such as installed conduit and tray work or fit off house.
This way takes a little longer but it is painless!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.