practical exam theory

Old Mar 11th 2008, 10:19 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: practical exam theory

Originally Posted by steve`o
guys i asked nicly at the start

please ask questions etc via email or PM otherwise this thread will be chocker with chit chat and it`ll slow down others wanting info

next one to piss me off will get something intresting as karma

volt drop calculatons
they were very keen on this in the licencing exam

http://www.olex.com.au/FAQ/General.html
C'mon Steve, calm down, that's the way threads work in forums like this, they do stray OT every so often, nothing you can do about it.

I do see your point though, and would suggest that maybe you guys would be better starting a new thread if you have questions, or if you just want to chat, that way you can all try and keep this thread as a source of into about the original topic.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:34 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
C'mon Steve, calm down, that's the way threads work in forums like this, they do stray OT every so often, nothing you can do about it.

I do see your point though, and would suggest that maybe you guys would be better starting a new thread if you have questions, or if you just want to chat, that way you can all try and keep this thread as a source of into about the original topic.
whenever i hear the saying "calm down" i think of scousers

anyway back to topic
cable selector for au standards

http://jaw.iinet.net.au/stuff/cablecalc.html

and the regs book to suit

http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/script...=stds000017409
Old Mar 12th 2008, 9:29 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

full list of au regs required by your average spark
all available as downloads or in hardback from sai global

3000 wiring regs
http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script...AS0733783910AT

3008 cable selection
http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script...=stds000017409

3012 constructions sites and demoltion
http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script...AS678036347050

3017 testing
http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script...AS0733784224AT

3018 domestic installations
http://www.saiglobal.com/shop/Script...AS068731978624

please note if your attending peer in South Autralia they have all the books you need to complete the course at the campus when you arive or they will send them out with your work books if your doing it via correspondance
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:53 am
Just Joined

karan is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe your over there living the dream but yet your still helping others to reach theirs. just goes to show there's still some good people out there! Thanks steve'o for all your help.
I have printed off these leads for my OH to look through (well us wife's have to do something don't we) Can I just ask they are all nesassary for the general electricians aren't they as I don't want him looking at things that aren't relevent as I think they have enough to look at don't they!
Thanks again Karan.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 7:47 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by karan
Can't believe your over there living the dream but yet your still helping others to reach theirs. just goes to show there's still some good people out there! Thanks steve'o for all your help.
I have printed off these leads for my OH to look through (well us wife's have to do something don't we) Can I just ask they are all nesassary for the general electricians aren't they as I don't want him looking at things that aren't relevent as I think they have enough to look at don't they!
Thanks again Karan.
no these are required only when you get here mostly for the licence course /exam and then as every other aussie trained spark you can throw them away and do what you like ( or so it would seem at times )
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Hi Steve,do you have to buy the books if you do the course via correspondance and/or are they free if you do the course on campus?
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:01 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by Porter
Hi Steve,do you have to buy the books if you do the course via correspondance and/or are they free if you do the course on campus?
sorry mate nowts free over here
Old Mar 24th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Thanks,aint that the truth!!
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:37 pm
general electrician

shadymatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: practical exam theory

hi steave, i am shady from to india.
man i also assces with vitassess fro my practical as a electrician in india, so steave let me know please, what qes. assesor want to talk about me, like wiring, digram, cabaling, anything about that, please let me know.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:40 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shadymatt
hi steave, i am shady from to india.
man i also assces with vitassess fro my practical as a electrician in india, so steave let me know please, what qes. assesor want to talk about me, like wiring, digram, cabaling, anything about that, please let me know.
Hello Shadymatt welcome to the site lots of people here to help.
Old Mar 25th 2008, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

For the practical exam,

you will be given a diagram for a DOL starter can be wired

but it doesnt hurt to swat up before hand

doc
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:22 am
Just Joined

neels haywood is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
as past of the new vetesses route sparks have to do a practical exam of which approx half is theory hence the thread
hi my name is neels from south africa ,i have do do the vetasses test next month have you got any info of what they ask thanks
Old Apr 11th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by neels haywood
hi my name is neels from south africa ,i have do do the vetasses test next month have you got any info of what they ask thanks
if it is anything like the uk test you will have to wire up a socket and a two way switch with some bonding.

for the theory side revise on resistors in series and parrallel and also power factors.

in the practical you will do these as extras

1, safe isolation
2, measuring resitors in series and parrallel
3, wire up an DOL starter with two stop and two start buttons but you use leads

doc
Old Apr 13th 2008, 7:54 pm
Worongary

power factor

a simple explanation

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/industry...fs/mc60405.pdf
Old May 8th 2008, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

flizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really niceflizzief is just really nice
Smile Re: practical exam theory

mmm the dreaded theory side
i would guess that 90% of us have forgotten 90% of what we learned at tech,

so the reason behind this thread is a sort of revision of what we already know

so i`ll start of with DOL starters and a wiring diagram if you what info / wiring diagrams please ask via PM /email otherwise this thread will be chocker with chit chat and it`ll slow down others wanting info

Hello Steve
can i just say a big THANKS for all this information, my hubby will be able to relax (a little!). He has his practical in July in London and is a bit nervy! Never used a forum before and this is BRILLIANT: i realise that we are not alone!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.