Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Practical exam October in Blackburn..

Practical exam October in Blackburn..

Old Aug 26th 2009, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Stevecollier is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Practical exam October in Blackburn..

Hey, not been on for a while just been reading all the posts. Have got my practical exam in October in blackburn think i have everything sorted just need a bit of help with the motors!!! feel comftable in wirring up the dol starter but need a little help with the star delta motor! what do you have to do in the exam with this, and is there a simple wirring diagram i can get hold off? Getting a bit itchy with this but hopefully just looking to deep into it. Thanks for any help it is much apreciated.:thumbup
Old Aug 26th 2009, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

isr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really nice
Default Re: Practical exam October in Blackburn..

Morning I did mine at Glasgow, make sure you read up on and practice the safe isolation, the DOL is a contactor with over load and start/stop and a strip of connectors, the questions that are asked are as people have posted ( ohms law calcs transformer ratios etc ). I asked the assessor about the 18 questions and he told me the pass mark was 9 ( 50% ), the guy we had was called Roger and he was sound, all the best with the practical.

isr999
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:29 am
Peace Frog

dodge26 will become famous soon enoughdodge26 will become famous soon enough

I did mine in Blackburn with Roger, I didn't have to wire up a star delta starter just a DOL with thermal overload. Best of luck.
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

WarrenG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm there too Steve, so best of luck!

Warren