Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

PLS Can someone confirm Vetassess=ARTC

PLS Can someone confirm Vetassess=ARTC

Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

dazza monty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PLS Can someone confirm Vetassess=ARTC

Hi ther

I've been reading all the priceless info posted about the Vetasses vs ARTC route.
Even though i feel more confused than when i started this journey!!
Ive just got my skilled 175 visa on my passport.. Big thanks to everyone who helped!!

I was planning to move straight to Brisbane as my family are there, but on reading about the log book, restrictions and gap year im not sure now.

Can anyone confim that if i go to adelaide attend PEER, i get an A class licence which then can be used in qld?? hence preventing me to do the gap etc??
Isn't the ARTC the same as vetassess??
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice
Default Re: PLS Can someone confirm Vetassess=ARTC

Hi mate ive just asked this and here is the best advice ive received from people on here and phoning vetassess and TRA.

Vetassess and TRA=ARTC are two different things but dont worry.

If you are a UK resident and a general electricain then to get a visa you require the vetassess.
The only acception to this is if you can meet the TRA special class electrician which 90% of us will not then you can go down this route.

For arguments sake lets say we do the vetassess which i am doing as a general electrician to get your visa. As soon as you get your visa if you can get hold of an aussie address then you can apply for the ARTC as an electrical mechanic which is the same as a general electriicial.

WHY DO THIS YOU ARE SAYING LET ME EXPLAIN.

When we get to aus we are only going to be on an provisional licence and to get the full or A licence as they call it in south aus where im going you have two options.

Vetassess - 12 month log book and aussie regs.

OR

Get your ARTC done from here if you have an aus address AFTER you get your visa as you need the visa to do the ARTC as you are from the UK. Or as soon as you get there do your ARTC straight away. Then or at the same time do the aus regs. Altogether will take about 2 months then you can get your full licence.

Like i said i was in your shoes 24 hours ago but have had a bit of decent info (I think) and now belive this is the easiest way.

HOWEVER I AM AWAITING TO BE SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

If you follow the advise for the ARTC system now that you have your visa, you should be ok, this is the exact route i took and i'm in Brisbane working as a sparky on an SA licence,

The sticky at the top of this forum that Wendy wrote will give you a good start, then just surf the other postings, Search on Arthurs post, he as taken up the PEER challange and as the most current information.

Regards

Kevin
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:54 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minty01
Hi mate ive just asked this and here is the best advice ive received from people on here and phoning vetassess and TRA.

Vetassess and TRA=ARTC are two different things but dont worry.

If you are a UK resident and a general electricain then to get a visa you require the vetassess.
The only acception to this is if you can meet the TRA special class electrician which 90% of us will not then you can go down this route.

For arguments sake lets say we do the vetassess which i am doing as a general electrician to get your visa. As soon as you get your visa if you can get hold of an aussie address then you can apply for the ARTC as an electrical mechanic which is the same as a general electriicial.

WHY DO THIS YOU ARE SAYING LET ME EXPLAIN.

When we get to aus we are only going to be on an provisional licence and to get the full or A licence as they call it in south aus where im going you have two options.

Vetassess - 12 month log book and aussie regs.

OR

Get your ARTC done from here if you have an aus address AFTER you get your visa as you need the visa to do the ARTC as you are from the UK. Or as soon as you get there do your ARTC straight away. Then or at the same time do the aus regs. Altogether will take about 2 months then you can get your full licence.

Like i said i was in your shoes 24 hours ago but have had a bit of decent info (I think) and now belive this is the easiest way.

HOWEVER I AM AWAITING TO BE SHOT DOWN IN FLAMES.
pretty much spot on

the only thing i`d add is people seem to get confused by the A class / mechanics bit which in reality all mean the same thing
electrical licences are issued on a state by state basis and as you will discover each stat in reality is almost a seperate country

so electrical definations
Victoria - A Grade Electrical Licence
South Au - Electrical workers Licence
Qld - Electrical Mechanics Licence

all one and the same thing
Old Jun 17th 2009, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

dazza monty is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
pretty much spot on

the only thing i`d add is people seem to get confused by the A class / mechanics bit which in reality all mean the same thing
electrical licences are issued on a state by state basis and as you will discover each stat in reality is almost a seperate country

so electrical definations
Victoria - A Grade Electrical Licence
South Au - Electrical workers Licence
Qld - Electrical Mechanics Licence

all one and the same thing
Thanks lads
thats cleared it up for me. Think its gona be worth spending another $300 for the ARTC.
I've got family in bris vegus so im sorted with address. Here we go again!!

Good luck with the vetasses minty
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

minty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really niceminty01 is just really nice

Originally Posted by dazza monty
Thanks lads
thats cleared it up for me. Think its gona be worth spending another $300 for the ARTC.
I've got family in bris vegus so im sorted with address. Here we go again!!

Good luck with the vetasses minty
Thanks mate.