British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Please help: New ARTC form (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/please-help-new-artc-form-618755/)

saville Jul 7th 2009 5:59 am

Please help: New ARTC form

Hi all

Your help would be greatly appreciated, filling in NEW ARTC application form and part 5 asks for details for Formal Vocational Training and part 6 asks for
Formal Skills Recognition details.
Both questions seem to require similar info.
Has anyone successfully filled in this application or can anyone please advise us.
All help Greatly appreciated
Many Thanks Teresa.:confused:

Jockstar Jul 7th 2009 8:33 am

Re: Please help: New ARTC form

Originally Posted by saville (Post 7730082)
Hi all

Your help would be greatly appreciated, filling in NEW ARTC application form and part 5 asks for details for Formal Vocational Training and part 6 asks for
Both questions seem to require similar info.
Has anyone successfully filled in this application or can anyone please advise us.
All help Greatly appreciated
Many Thanks Teresa.:confused:

You mean there is a NEW form? I've just sent my stuff off today after being here nearly 3 years. Shit! I hope it doesnt get sent back now.:confused:

saville Jul 7th 2009 12:35 pm

Don't know if this is any info to you http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...90601_001.aspx
I suppose it depends on when you submitted your form.
Hope it works out fine for you.

Jockstar Jul 8th 2009 6:35 am

Originally Posted by saville (Post 7731068)
Don't know if this is any info to you http://www.deewr.gov.au/Skills/Progr...90601_001.aspx
I suppose it depends on when you submitted your form.
Hope it works out fine for you.

Any applications received after 1 July 2009 using previous versions of TRA application forms will not be assessed. The applications will be returned to the applicant requesting they resubmit their application using the current form.

That will be me then.:(

Jockstar Jul 8th 2009 7:06 am

Having a read at the form. It looks like this is just for those who are migrating to Oz. But what about us who are all ready here? Or am i wrong?:confused:

saville Jul 8th 2009 8:26 am

I don't really know as on the link it says Migration Skills Assessment or ARTC application form. If I was you I would contact someone just to make sure.
When did you send your application off?
Good Luck!

Jockstar Jul 8th 2009 8:28 am

Originally Posted by saville (Post 7733510)
I don't really know as on the link it says Migration Skills Assessment or ARTC application form. If I was you I would contact someone just to make sure.
When did you send your application off?
Good Luck!

Yesterday!:(

saville Jul 8th 2009 8:53 am

Oh No!

If i was you i would contact someone asap then at least you can fill in the new form again if you have to, hopefully it won't have changed to much, we are stuck on questions 5 and 6 of the new form as the questions are very similar.
Good Luck when you contact them.

chris_at_forum Jul 13th 2009 6:46 am

hi, no, not similar

part 5 asks for details for Formal Vocational Training and part 6 asks for

Formal Vocational Training - would be an apprenticeship or some electrical schools and trainings you have done so far

Formal Skills Recognition - thats the vetasse or TRA assesment prior to migration. ARTC assessment is post migration stuff

make sure, you choose the right description for your profession, the electrical mechanic would be the 100% electrician
because if something doesn't fit, you have to apply again, and it takes them at least 20 workingdays to send the papers back, I can tell you that

Chris

saville Jul 13th 2009 8:17 pm

Thanks for that will tell Oh, and he can hopefully complete artc. Did you use the new or old form when you done your artc and have you got your result yet?

chris_at_forum Jul 13th 2009 11:10 pm

hi
don't know about that old form, mine is 6 weeks old, pdf to save.
If have chosen the wrong description (electrical fitter) and actually be glad they couldn't process it because of missing prove of visa status. (copy of visa grand letter instead of passport)
So I am waiting now 4 weeks already to get the papers back, and hopefully don't have to pay the 300$.

Jockstar Jul 14th 2009 4:10 am

Got mine back yesterday. I will now have to fill out the new form and PAY $300. If only i had sent it off about a week or so earlier. Grrrrrr! My own fault.:(

chris_at_forum Jul 14th 2009 6:55 am

yes, thats fun with those guys ...

I think there shall be a difference between those applications not accepted for processing due missing or wrong papers, and those rejected because the profession hasn't been recognized.
Now if you have to pay 300$ I would have to pay them, too. But that lady on the phone told me, if I include a cert copy of my passport next time, I wont have to pay.

that makes me mad :mad:

saville Jul 14th 2009 9:24 am

Did you do the vetassess or TRA, I thought those who did the TRA didn't have to pay.

chris_at_forum Jul 14th 2009 10:06 am

TRA but only the first time seems do be free, if I had the first time now I can't tell :) and they can't tell either I guess