perth etl course and license

Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

Deyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really niceDeyan is just really nice
Default Re: perth etl course and license

I think all of this is misunderstanding, you don't need a gap training if you have an ARTC but we will find out what is correct sooner or later.
If that is true they will have published something about that here or here.

I've only found info about National Occupation Licensing System starting from 1/6/2012 http://nola.gov.au/ which means finally all these problems about routes, licensing etc etc will disappear.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Adamp8700 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tommo66
Hi Callum
I wish you were right.
I spoke again this morning explaining another spark had been in touch and told everything was as before (the letter, 2 week course then your a grade) she said they had a staff briefing last thing yesterday to make sure all staff are aware of the changes and apologised for any misunderstandings.
I had also asked how i move forward now that the system has changed.
When you arrive in aus apply to en safety for a 'provisional licence'.
Find a company to work for who also fills out a log book of work you do.
Once all log book work is complete apply at en safety to be put forward to a RTO to do the vetassess approved level 3 au cert.
On completion you will get your A grade.
She said the RTO exam/test is only a day or two (she wasnt 100% sure) and she also said that if a company will sign you off with the log book quicker then thats fine it doesnt have to be the full 12 months.

Hope some of this helps
Cheers Andy
Hi Andy,

So the process is now; Sit VETASSESS exam to get visa, when you get to OZ do a 12 month (or less) log book as a trainee on a provisional license and then do the VETASSESS course again?

This sounds like a nightmare!

If the ARTC route allows us to do the 2 week course, I will just apply for that instead of doing the whole log book thing. I imagine it will be a difficult to get a job as a provisional license holder?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

This cant be right, somewhere isnt adding up Ive started a new thread to try and clear this up!

Anyone applied in the last few weeks or contacted them to get a proper explanation why?? we arent apprentices!!
Old Oct 21st 2011, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Tommo66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Adamp8700
Hi Andy,

So the process is now; Sit VETASSESS exam to get visa, when you get to OZ do a 12 month (or less) log book as a trainee on a provisional license and then do the VETASSESS course again?

This sounds like a nightmare!

If the ARTC route allows us to do the 2 week course, I will just apply for that instead of doing the whole log book thing. I imagine it will be a difficult to get a job as a provisional license holder?
Hi
I have just read an email from Energy Safety which says all artc and vet applicants will have to do the gap training.
It appears there are no shortcuts, not in WA anymore!

Cheers Andy
Old Oct 21st 2011, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Tommo66
Hi
I have just read an email from Energy Safety which says all artc and vet applicants will have to do the gap training.
It appears there are no shortcuts, not in WA anymore!

Cheers Andy
Tommo66

Just of the phone with energysafety I told them I am waiting for my ARTC to come through and what is the process, she said fill the form in and sent it in LOL I knew this
But heres the twist I said but what do I also have to do for A license she said Ill have to do a two week course, I said does that involve gap training like the OSTR she said no not with Australia trade recognition

So I will be posting this ATRC this weekend I also have the OSTR but like most here its useless only for immigration pruposes!!

Good luck everyone its a head melter and money beater.
Im flying over March time with wife two yound kids to Ellenbrook have a job sort of in hand if theyre busy he said as anything can happen!
Old Oct 25th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

callum1205;
if you have the TRA electrical mechanic you dont need to do the GAP. if you have OTST you do the GAP.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

callum1205 is an unknown quantity at this point

energy safety told me on the phone i have to apply and pay for a permit to work.energy safety supply a logbook which i fill in and get signed off by my employer.there are about 20 different types of electrical jobs.after this logbook is completed i then hand it to energy safety who then would book me on the etl course.
i did not ask him if i could book the etl course BEFORE completing the logbook though, this would save some time as he told me the courses are fully booked well in advance.
regarding me being an electrical mechanic, i am still an overseas electrician as i served my apprenticeship in the uk.
western australia seem to be following victoria regarding licensing.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

callum1
i know you may still be in the UK mate, that's not a problem at all apply to TRA for electrical mechanic, i have been told if you get that cert you don't have to do the GAP the TRA shall access your UK skills, some people don't do the TRA & its a nightmare for them when here. some give up due to them not being on the ball from the start.

it was WA that started all this crap about not recognising peoples license from other states, its a very sad situation when they play god with people livelihood.