Peer course from Gold Coast

Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future
Default Peer course from Gold Coast

Hi

I'm currently going through workbooks for peer course. Is anyone else on Gold Coast doing this course?

Anyone fancy meeting up to go over workbooks with me? I'm struggling to find answers to some of the questions.

Does anyone know if they check workbooks before exam as I passed UK 17th edition course after turning up for quick revision then sat exam.

Steve.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:45 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peer course from Gold Coast

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi

I'm currently going through workbooks for peer course. Is anyone else on Gold Coast doing this course?

Anyone fancy meeting up to go over workbooks with me? I'm struggling to find answers to some of the questions.

Does anyone know if they check workbooks before exam as I passed UK 17th edition course after turning up for quick revision then sat exam.

Steve.
I'm not in the Gold Coast. But i am working(trying) through the book. Really cant be arsed as its so boring and a pain to find the clause. But I'll get there in the end. Not in a rush. But from my understanding and pms from other members. You HAVE to do the work book. Good luck.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Haha. Totally agree. It's finding the clauses that i'm useless at. Have you got work at moment? I'm struggling up here to find work as TA.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 6:02 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. Totally agree. It's finding the clauses that i'm useless at. Have you got work at moment? I'm struggling up here to find work as TA.
Sorry mate i never replied. Yes i am currently working. But moved out of the sparky game and into security. Been in Oz 4 years and I am now only getting my shit together to get my licence. But i just can't be arsed to do the book when i get home after work. Off on holiday in 4 weeks. So between now and then and when i get back. I WILL Do this book and go to SA and get the licence.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 5:03 am
Freedom!

Today i have actually spend the last hour and half going through some more of the book. Will get into it again soon , also tomorrow and Monday. I'm only just up to page 40 So a long way to go. Some things i cant find i have just left and will come back to them later. How you doing with the book r1c1?
Old Aug 17th 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

I'm only at p22. Quite a few questions that i can't find answers to. Too tired after work to do anything. Contacted peer with some questions but they never got back to me. How did you get into security. I'm building swithboards at moment but it's factory work, not the greatest job. Did you find an answer for p.16 question 3. I'm useless at looking up regs books.
Old Aug 18th 2010, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice

I'm only at p22. Quite a few questions that i can't find answers to. Too tired after work to do anything. Contacted peer with some questions but they never got back to me. How did you get into security. I'm building swithboards at moment but it's factory work, not the greatest job. Did you find an answer for p.16 question 3. I'm useless at looking up regs books.
Clause 1.5.4.2
insulation
barriers/enclosures
obstacles
placing out of reach
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Del-Jo
Clause 1.5.4.2
insulation
barriers/enclosures
obstacles
placing out of reach

Thanks for that. Really need to get stuck in to this course work.
Old Aug 19th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice

Thanks for that. Really need to get stuck in to this course work.
they don't look through it, well they never when i went, i had missed some answers.

who did you work for in edinburgh, thats where we're from?
Old Aug 19th 2010, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Del-Jo
they don't look through it, well they never when i went, i had missed some answers.

who did you work for in edinburgh, thats where we're from?

Worked for arthur mckays, scottish gas, canmore housing and some smaller outfits.

Where are you in Oz?
Old Aug 20th 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Worked for arthur mckays, scottish gas, canmore housing and some smaller outfits.

Where are you in Oz?
I worked for N G Bailey, then BNC Electrical, and last Balfour Beatty engineering services (Balfour Kilpatrick)

Now living in a place called Port Noarlunga wich is just south of Adelaide.