Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)

Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)

Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)

Was it Electrically safe and pleasing to the eye?
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:22 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brigall
Was it Electrically safe and pleasing to the eye?
the blind man galloping past on his horse said it looked fine
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Texas isn't the only place with "cowboys"!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 7:20 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brigall
Texas isn't the only place with "cowboys"!!!!!!!!!
Yep the guys out here only need a couple of guns in there tool belts and and there full on cowboys!

Will see what this next week brings at work. Maybe some more very high standards of work i may be able to get some pics of!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

tony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nicetony_russell is just really nice

[QUOTE=youngy73;red cables which were neutrals and blacks which were actives..[/QUOTE]

mate, dont that wind you up! i see so much of that, reds as neutral, black as live, and it is *****in live, not active! lol I'm housebashing in sydney and inbetween that have to drive round all the strata flats doing maintainance -power dead, lighting not working, replace a fitting here, new socket there etc.. So much cross polarity, so much unearthed and half the flats i go to are still in VIRs. most of sydney needs re-wiring. All the sparks round here have a steel horse parked outside!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tony_russell
mate, dont that wind you up! i see so much of that, reds as neutral, black as live, and it is *****in live, not active! lol I'm housebashing in sydney and inbetween that have to drive round all the strata flats doing maintainance -power dead, lighting not working, replace a fitting here, new socket there etc.. So much cross polarity, so much unearthed and half the flats i go to are still in VIRs. most of sydney needs re-wiring. All the sparks round here have a steel horse parked outside!
VIRs?
Old Aug 21st 2007, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

I'm worried now cos i always get up peoples nose's at work pulling up their shoddy work. It's like an ocd for me, some aussie sparks gonna deck me!

Sorry can't stand RAF sparkies
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 7:06 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
I'm worried now cos i always get up peoples nose's at work pulling up their shoddy work. It's like an ocd for me, some aussie sparks gonna deck me!

Sorry can't stand RAF sparkies
I was the same mate but you just have to learn to live with your new life out here and the new standards or lack of them! We do a lot of what they call rapid builds. Its all metal framed houses and the cables are just lashed in all over. I think they are a disaster waiting to happen but they say it doesnt matter as its all on rcd's. Even the houses that are wooden the cables dont get clipped. Im doin a build next year and gona wire it as i would in the uk just for old times sake
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:24 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
I was the same mate but you just have to learn to live with your new life out here and the new standards or lack of them! We do a lot of what they call rapid builds. Its all metal framed houses and the cables are just lashed in all over. I think they are a disaster waiting to happen but they say it doesnt matter as its all on rcd's. Even the houses that are wooden the cables dont get clipped. Im doin a build next year and gona wire it as i would in the uk just for old times sake
it didnt take long to cure your illness.
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 10:41 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by youngy73
it didnt take long to cure your illness.
cheeky git
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:25 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stu:0
cheeky git
you chuckin sickies already
Old Aug 22nd 2007, 11:33 am
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by steve`o
you chuckin sickies already
He's just to good stevo at teaching me the rough ozzy ways of doing things
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:48 am
Sparky Stu

Go on then here's another pic for ya!

Me and youngy have been working in cooktown this last week and went to a very old pub called the lions den. Date's back to 1870. Anyway its just a tin shack in the middle of nowhere. You can write on the walls or do whatever you like in there hence the writing you see in the pic. You cant beat flexi conduit just a shame they didnt have enough to reach the power point they had spurred off
Attached Thumbnails Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)-dsc00514.jpg  
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

Someone should start a thread with these photos on, a hall of fame so to speak

They are something special these aussie sparks!
Old May 26th 2008, 8:16 am
Sparky Stu

Im back with another pic for you! This was the domestic switchboard on a house i was working on today! Took a long while to get me head round what was what! Great fire protection where the cables go into the house and check out the connectors! God i love working here! Every day is a fresh challenge:curse:
Attached Thumbnails Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)-image187.jpg  

Last edited by stu:0; May 26th 2008 at 8:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.