British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Electricians (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/)
-   -   Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/electricians-97/oz-wiring-standards-couple-pics-you-474469/)

stu:0 Aug 16th 2007 7:19 am

Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)

2 Attachment(s)
Working on a job today with youngy and we had a few 3 phase circuits to work on. The cables we wanted are 3rd row from the back!:rofl:

You've just got to remember the all important words " she'll be right"

noggin Aug 16th 2007 7:40 am

Re: Oz wiring standards (a couple of pics for you)

good job u lads did your TRA and ARTC and got your full license..... to work with that SHITE!!!;)

stu:0 Aug 16th 2007 7:43 am

Originally Posted by noggin (Post 5195459)
good job u lads did your TRA and ARTC and got your full license..... to work with that SHITE!!!;)

This is what its all about mate, once your working up to these standards you too can come work in Australia!:rofl:

rossandlou Aug 16th 2007 7:50 am

Show these pics to an ozzy spark and they wont see a problem!

stu:0 Aug 16th 2007 7:58 am

Originally Posted by rossandlou (Post 5195498)
Show these pics to an ozzy spark and they wont see a problem!

Hey come on, there are rcd's on three of the circuits:p

tony_russell Aug 16th 2007 10:28 am

nice 1 stu, great to see the standards are so high up in cairnes! :thumbup: I got a few class ones on me phone and will upload em when i can work out how. we should start a gallery or even a chart of great aussie masterpieces. bunch of bengal lancers, lol

stu:0 Aug 16th 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by tony_russell (Post 5196036)
nice 1 stu, great to see the standards are so high up in cairnes! :thumbup: I got a few class ones on me phone and will upload em when i can work out how. we should start a gallery or even a chart of great aussie masterpieces. bunch of bengal lancers, lol

Thats a good idea mate, a photo album!:rofl:

Its not good though when youve got to get ur arms in that lot and hunt around for wire's, well youngy did anyway:p

Brigall Aug 16th 2007 2:00 pm

Why Youngy, Were you scared incase there was a spider in there?:eek:

jamiefrod Aug 16th 2007 6:35 pm

*****ing hell! thought i'd seen some sh*t, but obviously not!:ohmy:

stu:0 Aug 16th 2007 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Brigall (Post 5197039)

Im sure he'l be back with an answer to that! Tell you one thing i havnt seen one switch board that doesnt have a gecko living init! I thought cute little things but no, me missus is a nurse and she said they are coverd in salmanela:ohmy: Not good when youve had your hands in there then you wander off for your buttys!:ohmy:

john_w Aug 16th 2007 7:56 pm

From the ARTC website:

''Recognising Your Trade Skills
You must demonstrate that you are capable of doing the
full range of work normally done by and to the same
level of skill
as an Australian trade qualified
tradesperson.''

:rofl: Cheeky B'stds

steve`o Aug 16th 2007 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by stu:0 (Post 5195414)
" she'll be right"

which translated means fook it it`ll do :rofl:

youngy73 Aug 17th 2007 8:56 am

Originally Posted by Brigall (Post 5197039)

oh it gets better! the objective was to make 3 sheds which had single phase supplies into 1 shed with a 3 phase supply then have 3 sub supplies from the main board without actually replacing any cables. all the existing cables went into a junction box 2 metres above the main board. we had 5 actives, 4 neutrals and bugger knows what else . it tool us 3 hours to figure it out (sort of anyway). red cables which were neutrals and blacks which were actives.the phases from the meter board ( stus photos) were protected by a 45A,25A and 20A fuses and then one was on a 20 A breaker. the next job was to hook a 3 phase hoist for a car at the same shed. one of our colleagues had previously ran in the supply ( sadly no photos). it really is amazing how you can bend and twist cable to get it exactly where it needs to go and if you just jam it under a perling clip to secure she'll be right, no dramas, no worries, too easy,mines a gold, like a bought one.(that last ones mine). the 3 phase was wired with a piece of twin and a piece of twin and earth if anyones curious.

steve`o Aug 17th 2007 9:51 am

Originally Posted by youngy73 (Post 5201345)
oh it gets better! the objective was to make 3 sheds which had single phase supplies into 1 shed with a 3 phase supply then have 3 sub supplies from the main board without actually replacing any cables. all the existing cables went into a junction box 2 metres above the main board. we had 5 actives, 4 neutrals and bugger knows what else . it tool us 3 hours to figure it out (sort of anyway). red cables which were neutrals and blacks which were actives.the phases from the meter board ( stus photos) were protected by a 45A,25A and 20A fuses and then one was on a 20 A breaker. the next job was to hook a 3 phase hoist for a car at the same shed. one of our colleagues had previously ran in the supply ( sadly no photos). it really is amazing how you can bend and twist cable to get it exactly where it needs to go and if you just jam it under a perling clip to secure she'll be right, no dramas, no worries, too easy,mines a gold, like a bought one.(that last ones mine). the 3 phase was wired with a piece of twin and a piece of twin and earth if anyones curious.

yes but was it to the high aussie standards that we now all expect :rofl:

youngy73 Aug 17th 2007 11:08 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 5201542)
yes but was it to the high aussie standards that we now all expect :rofl:

he came top of the class